SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
The following items are set to be discussed under New Business:
- Public hearing for annexation and zoning of properties located at 4364 Risers Mill Rd. (Alpine), 71 Rocky Rd., 452 Rocky Rd., 771 Center Point Rd., 859 Center Point Rd., 878 Center Point Rd., 8 Avondale Cir., 12 Avondale Cir., 13 Avondale Cir., 1140 Fulton Gap Rd., 1152 Fulton Gap Rd., 245 Rousseau Loop, 4585 Oldfield Rd., 384 Whipperwill Ln., and 1275 Harper Springs Rd. (Public hearing set by Resolution 83-2018 dated Nov. 6, 2018.) Ordinance 2207-18.
- Ordinance 2208-18, amendment to Business License Ordinance 2206-18 adopted Dec. 4, 2018, correcting language and amending license fee schedules.
- Authorization to accept Good Roots Grant in the amount of $1,000 from the Alabama Power Foundation to be used for replacement of street trees at various locations throughout the city, in coordination with the Tree Commission.
- Request from Street Superintendent Reed Calfee to purchase two dump trucks from Southland International Trucks, Inc. at a cost of $62,950 each, through the CV Sourcewell purchasing cooperative program.
- Approve expenses for Police Department Investigator Willis Whatley to attend the Digital Evidence Acquisition Specialist Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga. March 11-12, 2019. There is no registration fee. Meals and lodging are provided. Expenses for two meals and fuel for a city vehicle will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Whatley are $100.
- Approve expenses for Police Department Investigator Jason Williamson to attend the Digital Evidence Acquisition Specialist Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga. March 11-12, 2019. There is no registration fee. Meals and lodging are provided. Expenses for two meals will be incurred. Williamson will carpool with Whatley. Estimated expenses for Williamson are $50.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the ACCMA Certification Program’s course Public Management and Community Development in Prattville, Ala. Feb. 7-8, 2019. Registration fee is $195. Additional expenses for mileage and meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for McGee are $331.22.
- Balance of Accounts Payable for November in the amount of $156,915.62.
- November payroll in the amount of $618,511.28.
The Council will conduct interviews beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 for the following boards: Commercial Development Authority, Tree Commission, Airport Authority, and Park and Recreation Board. The work session will begin following the interviews. The Council meeting will follow at 6:00 p.m.