City of Sylacauga
City Council Proposed Agenda
Thursday, September 9, 2021
1. Public hearing to consider nuisance property located at 112 N. Cannon Ave. identified through CDBG Project LR-CE-PF-19-011 and being considered for demolition. Public hearing set by Resolution 71-2021 approved 7-20-21. Resolution 78-2021 required.
2. Public hearing to consider nuisance property located at 705 Brock Ave. identified through CDBG Project LR-CE-PF-19-011 and being considered for demolition. Public hearing set by Resolution 71-2021 approved 7-20-21. Consent and Release signed by property owners received 8-26-21.
3. Resolution 79-2021 to accept the recommendation of Focused Construction Services, LLC, Resident Inspection Services Contractor, for CDBG Project LR-CE-PF-19-011, to award the bid for the demolition and clearing of dilapidated structures in the amount of $155,300.00 to MW Industrial Services, Inc., as the low and responsive bidder; bids opened on August 24, 2021.
4. Action that is necessary to set date for public hearing to consider a request to rezone property located at 102 S. Main Ave. from MX-1 to MX-2, as recommended by the Planning Commission. First available date for public hearing is 10-19-21. Resolution 80-2021 required.
5. Action that is necessary to approve Resolution 81-2021 rejecting bid received for Concrete Street Repairs; bid opened 8-31-21. Recommendation from Street Supt. to rebid at a later date.
6. Amendment to Section 9.4.1 of the COS Rules and Regulations regarding vacation accrual, if ready.
7. Action that is necessary to accept the recommendation of Fire Chief Nate Osgood and HR Specialist Jayne McGee to hire Caleb Williams from the P/T Firefighter roster as a Full-Time Firefighter at Grade PS-1, Step 2 – $13.01/hr.
8. Action that is necessary to accept monthly charges of the following accounts established by the Sylacauga Utilities Board for lighting installed as part of the 2018 and 2019 TAP projects: #336003640 – 6th & Broadway; #150019800 – TAP 3rd/4th Parking Lot.
9. Action that is necessary to approve contract with Sylacauga Utilities Board for additional lighting (three new poles with LED lights) installed at the Street Department, and to assume monthly charges of $76.00.
10. Action that is necessary to approve refund of $160.72 to Homesite Insurance Co of the Midwest for overpayment of 2021 business license fees.
11. Action that is necessary to approve travel/training expenses for Business License Coordinator Libby Stewart to attend the Municipal Revenue Officer Certification Training in Tuscaloosa October 6-8, 2021. Registration fee of $235.00; additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Stewart are $754.13.
12. Action that is necessary to approve travel/training expenses for Animal Shelter Technician Hallie Payton to attend Certified Euthanasic Technician Recertification in Birmingham October 23-24, 2021. Registration fee of $300.00. Additional expenses for mileage will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Payton are $404.00.
13. Accounts Payable received to date for August in the amount of $110,948.87.
The Work session will begin at 5:00 p.m. followed by Council meeting.
Steve Giddens and Mike Roberson concerning DTF funding for FY22
Laura Strickland to update on Chamber.
Discussion of amendment to City policies regarding vacation accrual.
Chambless King Architects regarding Recreational Master Plan.