SYLACAUGA, Ala – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the second time in July on Tuesday, July 18.
The council has 14 items on its agenda labeled under “new business”. One of the items will reportedly bring 22 new jobs to the city of Sylacauga.
The council will vote on a resolution granting a 10-year tax abatement for Pursell Agri-Tech, LLC for an investment totaling over $8,000,000. The 22 jobs are expected to filled over the next three years.
All items on the proposed are as following:
- Ordinance granting easement to Alabama Power Company to provide power to spec building at Airport.
- Resolution to declare 2011 Ford Crown Victoria as surplus and authorize for sale on GovDeals.com
- Resolution authorizing a one-time lump sum payment to retired members and beneficiaries of deceased retirees per act 2017-367
- Resolution granting 10-year tax abatement for Pursell Agri-Tech, LLC at 500 E. Ft. Williams St. for an $8,450,000 capital investment and hiring of 22 employees over the next three years
Amendment to Chamber of Commerce contract providing $1,000 ($500.00 from the Talladega County Commission) to help cover promotional expenses related to travel to the Babe Ruth regional tournaments.
- Appointment to Industrial Development Board
- Approve expenses for Judge Barry Vaughn to attend the 2017 Fall Municipal Law Conference in Orange Beach Spet. 21-23, 2017.
- Approve expenses for Prosecutor Joe Carlton to attend the 2017Fall Municipal Law Conference in Orange Beach Sept. 21-23, 2017.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee and SAccounting Clerk Sandy Sorensen to attend the Local Government Heal Insurance Board’s 2017 Payroll Clerk and Unit Administrator Conference in Wetumpka Oct. 4, 2017.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend Developing Personnel Policies and Procedeures August 3-4, 2107 in Hoover.
- Approve expenses for Council to attend the CMO Regional Training in either Alabaster on Thursday, Sept. 14, or in Montgomery on Saturday, August 12.
- Approve expenses for Yourlanda Burns to attend the GFOAA Summer Conference in Orange Beach Aug. 16-18, 2017.
- Approve balance of accounts payable for June in the amount of $200,276. 72.
- Approve June payroll in the amount of $529,234.99
The official council meeting starts at 6 p.m. A work session will be held before the meeting at 5 p.m. All citizens are encouraged to attend.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.