SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council again elected Lee Perryman as council president for the next year at Tuesday night’s council meeting.
Perryman, in his second term on the council, served as president in the first year of this five year term. Perryman and Councilwoman Laura Heath were nominated for the position. Perryman won the bid three votes (Perryman, Fowler, Nix) to two (Brewer, Heath). District 1 councilman Ashton Fowler was unanimously voted in as president pro tempore.
Watch the meeting and work session below:
The council also took the following action:
- Ordinance 2237-21 authorizing the sale of alcoholic beverages on Sunday beginning at 12:00 noon (change from 1:00 pm).
- Ordinance 2238-21 authorizing the City’s participation in the 2022 Severe Weather Preparedness Tax Holiday Feb. 25-27, 2022.
- Resolution 95-2021 authorizing contract with Avenu Insights and Analytics, LLC for collection of delinquent business license fees.
- Resolution 96-2021 authorizing application to ALDOT for ATRIP II funding for the widening of SR-21 from Odena Road to Logan Lane at an estimated construction cost of $760,000, and authorizing a local match of up to $30,000.
- Resolution 97-2021 to accept proposal from EEFS for preparation and submittal of ATRIP II application to ALDOT in the amount of $5,500 for the widening of SR-21 from Odena Road to Logan Lane.
- Action that is necessary to accept Planning Commission By-Laws as approved by the Planning Commission on Oct. 26, 2021.
- Request from Rebecca Hackett for refund in the amount of $34 due to duplication of garbage fees charged at 620 E. Ft. Williams St.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Court Magistrates Wendy Mickler and Krissy King to attend the 2021 AOC 1-Day Municipal Seminar in Montgomery on November 5, 2021. Registration fee of $50 per employee. Employees will carpool. Estimated expenses for Mickler of $125; for King $50.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Court Magistrate Melanie Allen to attend the 2021 AOC 1-Day Municipal Seminar in Montgomery on December 3, 2021. Registration fee of $50. Additional expenses for mileage. Estimated expenses for Allen of $125.
- Additional Accounts Payable invoices received for FY21 in the amount of $22,664.50.
- Accounts Payable invoices received to date for October in the amount of $121,167.75.