SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Sylacauga’s City Council will meet tomorrow night at Sylacauga City Hall.
A work session will precede the council meeting. It will start at 5:00 in the Mayor’s chamber. At the work session the council will tackle two items. First, discussion of EDT’s proposal regarding community center. Second, discussion of ADEM recycling grant.
The council meeting will begin downstairs in the council chamber 15 minutes after the work session ends.
The following items are on the agenda:
- Public hearing regarding adoption of Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance 2218-20 as required by FEMA (public hearing set at Jan. 23 meeting).
- Ordinance 2219-20 granting extension of water franchise agreement with Sylacauga Utilities Board.
- Resolution 06-2020 setting date for public hearing for consideration of Zoning Ordinance as recommended by Planning Commission (first available date for public hearing is March 17).
- Resolution 07-2020 declaring miscellaneous airport lighting fixtures and signs as surplus and authorizing disposal of same through GovDeals.com online auction or other appropriate means.
- Authorization to allow Sylacauga Glass Company to complete project awarded by Alabama Historical Commission grant to replace two doors and three windows at Comer Museum at a cost of $4,900. Grant awarded in the amount of $3,280 with balance of $1,620 to be paid by City.
- Authorization for Sylacauga Utilities Board to install one pole and LED light behind the museum between the steps and 8th Street to provide adequate lighting for museum visitors and others using the parking lot. Cost would add $29/month to current utility bill.
- Action necessary to accept rate increase of garbage fees effective April 1, 2020 in the amount of $.24 per resident per month, as allowed by current contract based on CPI.
- Action necessary to void request from Alabama Department of Revenue to refund $56.27 for property tax litigation on Parcel #612704204003007004 on 11-26-19. (Per State, request was sent in error; refund was approved 1-23-20.)
- Action necessary to change date and time of second Council meeting in April from April 21, 2020 to Thursday, April 23, 2020 with work session to begin at 4:00 pm, followed by Council meeting at 5:00 pm.
- Approve travel/expenses for Accounting Specialist Yourlanda Burns to attend the ACCMA Certification Training – Public Management and Community Development to be held in Prattville Feb. 27-28, 2020. Registration fee is $225. Additional expenses for mileage and a meal will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Burns are $400.
- Approve travel/expenses for Accounting Clerk Sandy Sorensen to attend the AAPPA Education and Certification Program’s Alabama Certified Risk Management Specialist five-part training course. Risk Management Legal Foundations to be held Feb. 21 in Montgomery; Risk Management Basics to be held May 1 in Auburn; Workers Compensation to be held Aug. 7 in Auburn; Risk Safety & Health to be held October 16 in Auburn; and Risk Benefits to be held November 6 in Auburn. Registration fee is $180 per course. Additional expenses for mileage and one meal per class will be incurred. Estimated total expenses for Sorensen are $270.75 per class.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Chris Wykoff to attend the Dallas PD Standoff Debrief to be held in Oxford Feb. 6, 2020. No registration fee. Officers will carpool in a department-provided vehicle. No expenses to be incurred.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Terry Gallahair, Jr. to attend the Dallas PD Standoff Debrief to be held in Oxford Feb. 6, 2020. No registration fee. Officers will carpool in a department-provided vehicle. No expenses to be incurred.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Sgt. Charlton Kircus to attend the Dallas PD Standoff Debrief to be held in Oxford Feb. 6, 2020. No registration fee. Officers will carpool in a department-provided vehicle. No expenses to be incurred.
- Accounts Receivable received to date for January in the amount of $311,919.99.
SylacaugaNews.com will have full video of both the work session and meeting on Wednesday.