SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the second time this month on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Sylacauga Municipal Complex. A work session will be held at 5:00 p.m. prior to the meeting.
Planned agenda items:
- Resolution 38-2017 authorizing agreement with Alabama Department of Revenue’s Municipal Intercept Services for debt recovery.
- Resolution 39-2017 authorizing PD Officer Doug Kemp’s firearm and badge surplus and to be given to him upon his retirement.
- Lake Howard Funding Agreement.
- Acceptance/dedication of Billingsley Road, if ready.
- Appointment to IDB – six-year term of Henry T. Grubbs expired April 15, 2017.
- Authorization to begin using revised Application for Annexation as recommended by Mayor Heigl.
- Recommendation from HR Specialist Jayne McGee to revise Animal Shelter Laborer Job description to reflect changes requested by CSB
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend Benefits Administration class in Auburn, Oct. 6, 2017, and Safety and Health class in Auburn, Oct. 20, 2017, as part of the AAPPA Risk Management Certification Program.
- Balance of Accounts Payable and payroll for August
At the work session, the council plans to hear from District Attorney Steve Giddens and Drug Task Force Commander Jason Murray concerning FY18 funding. The council also plans to discuss the change in traffic signal at Main Avenue and E. Ft. Williams as well as the Police Department’s request for funds to purchase 6 additional tasers as supplement to the ADECA Jag Byrne Grant, which provides funding to purchase 24 tasers.
Rhonda Shierling for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.