SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Sylacauga High School will host the Countdown-to-College workshop with Potential Magazine on Thursday, Nov. 16 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. This workshop is packed with information designed to help 11th and 12th graders and their parents prepare for the college admissions process.
Childcare will be provided by SHS Childhood Associate students for children ages 1-8.
With the large number of college and career choices, parents and students are not always sure where to begin. The Countdown-to-College workshop is a moderated panel format with representatives from 3-5 colleges and universities. The workshop is ninety minutes long and provides practical information for:
- Insight into the College Admissions Process
- Scholarship opportunities
- 10 Tips to earn Scholarships
- Full understanding of the 3 areas that ACT scores impact
- ACT/SAT tips for improving scores
- Impacts of different real-life scenarios (missing deadlines, changing your mind, etc)
- Benefits of Community College attendance and dual-enrollment
- Tips to prepare family finances to maximize FAFSA based grants and awards
Please contact Sylacauga High School counselors Kristen Elliff or Rachel Sherbert at 256-245-4416 with questions about the workshop.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.