Current Weather

Currently on MIX 106.5

Time After Time
Cyndi Lauper

CURRENTLY ON KiX 100.3

Minimum Wage
Blake Shelton

Rainfall expected for the first time in nearly 90 days

SHARE NOW

SYLACAUGA, Ala.- Nearly 90 days have passed since the City of Sylacauga and the surrounding areas have seen any significant amount of rainfall. With a chance of rain in the forecast, that streak will most likely come to an end.

According to SylacaugaNews.com weather, there is a 100% chance of rain, and a possibility of severe thunder storms Monday night. A wind advisory has already been issued and is expected to expire Monday at midnight. The high winds have already taken a toll on the city.

The wind gusts should die down, but the much needed rain will stick around for a few days. A second wave of rain and storms is set to come in on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon, there is a 40% chance of rain. That chance will rise to 60% as Tuesday night approaches. Thunderstorms will be possible for Tuesday with some that could be severe.

The second round of rain and storms is set to carry on into Wednesday as there is a 100% chance of rain once again. Storms will move out of the area by Wednesday night leaving partly could skies and a low temperature of 42 degrees.

Thursday and Friday look a lot like the last few months with no chance of rain, but the weekend could bring a few more showers. There is a 20% chance of rain all day Saturday. Sunday will bring a 50% chance of rain and the possibility of more thunderstorms.

To stay updated on the weather throughout the week, be sure to check out www.sylacauganews.com/weather

Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2016, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.


Click here to e-mail the reporter.© 2016-2023, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC/RadioAlabama. All Rights Reserved. RadioAlabama’s network -- MIX 106.5 (& 98.3 HD2), WSGN, KiX 100.3 (& 1290 AM), 105.1 WRFS, KiX 96.3 (& 1050 AM), RadioAlabama Sports, and RA Digital -- along with SylacaugaNews.com reports local news around the clock and will keep you up-to-date during breaking news and weather. For real-time alerts from SylacaugaNews.com, text NEWS to 59925. Standard text message rates may apply. By signing up, you agree to receive ongoing text message alerts from RadioAlabama. Consent not required for purchase. Up to eight messages per month. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for help. Message & Data rates may apply. Terms and Conditions/Privacy Policy @ www.optspot.com/tnc.