SYLACAUGA, Ala – The Sylacauga City Council is set to meet on Thursday, July 6.
The original meeting was rescheduled due to the July 4 holiday landing on the normal scheduled meeting day of Tuesday.
The official meeting will begin at 4:30 p.m. The following items are set to be discussed:
- Resolution authorizing the incorporation of an improvement district.
- Appointments to Industrial Development Board – three positions: six-year term of Barry Vaughn expired April 15; six-year term of Craig Stickley expired April 15; term of Henry T. Grubbs (deceased) expired April 15.
- Appointment to Board of Education – term of Rehka Chadalawada expired in April (member takes office first board meeting in June for five-year term).
- Appointments to Historical Commission – three-year terms of Mickey Orton and Gloria Owens, both expired in March.
- Approve expenses for PD Officer Matt Cook to attend the Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Training at the NE Alabama Law Enforcement Academy in Jacksonville Alabama July 24-27, 2017. There is no registration fee. Estimated meal expenses up to $140 will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for two employees to attend the Alabama Municipal Insurance Corporation and Municipal Workers Compensation Fund Loss Control Summer Seminar 2017 in Bessemer on Aug. 16. Registration fee is $20 per employee. Additional expense for mileage will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for City Clerk Patricia Carden and Kim Morris to attend the Certified Municipal Clerks and Master Municipal Clerks Training Institute in Tuscaloosa Aug. 23-25, 2017. Registration fee is $265 per employee. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for Payroll Specialist Sandy Sorensen to attend the Al Association of Public Personnel Administrators Problem Solving Forum on July 26, 2017. Registration fee is $150. Additional expenses for mileage and a meal will be incurred.
- Accounts Payable received to date for June 2017 in the amount of $75,882.20.
A council work session preceding the meeting at 3:30 p.m. in the Mayors Chamber.
Max Jackson for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.