SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Testing in the United States and the state of Alabama is accelerating for the Coronavirus.
President Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force says nearly 240,000 tests have been conducted nation widwe while nearly 2,500 tests have been conducted in Alabama. Most of those in larger cities.
But if you have symptoms, where can you get tested locally?
MainStreet Family Care is conducting tests, but on a situational basis. With limited tests available for now, MainStreet Family Care is making those at higher risk a priority.
According to the MainStreet Family Care’s website, all 16 of its locations have obtained a limited supply of test collection kits. To be be tested, however, you must meet the guidelines that are being required all around the country.
MSFC is testing those that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- If you have traveled internationally in the last 14 days; OR
- If anyone you have been in close contact with in the last 14 days has tested positive for COVID-19; OR
- If you are 50 or older and have respiratory symptoms; OR
- If you have respiratory symptoms and also have a severe underlying medical condition (diabetes, heart disease, receiving immunosuppressive medications, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease); OR
- If you have a written doctor’s order from your physician