Nothing Bundt Cakes – Tues., June 18, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Medical Center will have Signature, Individual Bundt Cakes for sale in their Main Lobby on June 18 for $5 each. Many delicious flavors will be available!
Open Mic Night – Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill Park hosts Open Mic Night every Tuesday evening. Admission is $3 to park your car and all proceeds go to Kymulga Grist Mill.
Ribbon Cutting – Wed., June 19, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- Sweeple Cleaning Service will host a Ribbon Cutting at Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce on June 19 at 9:00 a.m.
June Artists Reception – Thurs., June 20, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Comer Museum & Arts Center will host an Artists Reception on June 20 for this exhibit featuring artwork by members of the Artists Association of Central Alabama. The museum has an extraordinary show of paintings, sculptures, drawings, jewelry and much more.
Cal Ripken Baseball 12U State Tournament – June 20-23, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Sylacauga Parks and Recreation is hosting the 2019 Cal Ripken Baseball 12U Alabama State Tournament starting on June 20, with Opening Ceremonies beginning at 9:00 a.m. followed by team play at 10:00 a.m. Admission is free.
Farmer’s Market – Mondays in Childersburg and Fridays in Sylacauga
- Farmer’s Market is held every Monday in Childersburg from noon until 3:00 p.m. in the First Baptist Church parking lot and every Friday in Sylacauga’s Central Park from 7:00 a.m. until noon. Plenty of locally-grown fresh produce and home-baked goods are available each week.
Blood Drive – Fri., June 21, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Sylacauga Health and Rehab will host a blood drive on June 21, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the parking lot on at Sylacauga Health & Rehab. All donors will receive a recognition item and a free cholesterol screening.
Ribbon Cutting and Open House – Fri., June 21, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Rick Redmond Family Dentistry on Douglas Ave. will host a Ribbon Cutting and Open House on June 21 celebrating their new office and associate Dr. Casey Price.
Veterans Breakfast – Tues., June 25, 2019, at 7:30 a.m.
- American Legion Post 45 and the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 945 will be hosting its Weekly Veterans Breakfast at the Legion Hall on Hammett Avenue. Coffee will be ready at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast being served around 8:00 a.m. All veterans are welcome!
Blood Drive – Fri., June 28, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
The City of Sylacauga will host a blood drive on June 28, from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the parking lot at City Hall. Donate blood – one pint saves three lives!
Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting – Fri., June 28, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.
- King’s Mattress Outlet will have a Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening on June 28. Get “The Best Sleep Money Can Buy” at King’s Mattress Outlet, a division of King’s Pawn & Jewelry in downtown Sylacauga.
Family Movie Night – Every Friday in June at 7:30 p.m.
- Carry the kids to Movie Night every Friday in June in Sylacauga’s Central Park to benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Cost is $5 per family and concessions will be available for purchase. Don’t forget your picnic blanket or lawn chair(s).
Community Cleanup – Sat., June 29, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Talladega County Commissioner Greg Atkinson will have garbage cleanup in Sycamore on June 29. Meet at the Post Office on Main Street in Sycamore.
B.B. Comer Reunion, Class of 1979 – Sat., July 13, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- B.B. Comer High School Class of 1979 will hold its 40th Class Reunion at Harvey’s On Noble on Saturday, July 13, starting at 6:00 p.m. Cost is $50 per person. Contact Jenny Robinson Usrey on Facebook for more information. Registration deadline is Monday, July 1.
Sylacauga Summer Cafe – Mon.-Thurs., until July 18, 2019
- FREE meals will be offered Monday through Thursday to children ages 18 and under from May 28 until July 18 at Indian Valley Elementary for breakfast (8:00-8:45 a.m.) and lunch (noon-1:00 p.m.). Free meals will also be provided Monday through Thursday at Nichols-Lawson Middle School from May 28 – June 6 for lunch between 11:30 a.m. and noon. The schools will be closed July 4-5.