Alabama Gulf Beaches – closed through April 5, 2020
- All beaches are closed. For clarification, the term “beach” means the sandy shoreline area abutting the Gulf of Mexico, whether privately or publicly owned, including beach access points.
Alabama State Parks – Open
- Barring any future notices, Alabama State Parks remain open. Please visit their social media pages and alapark.com to stay informed on any future announcements. (See note below about gatherings).
Dental and Medical Procedures – postponed
- All elective dental and medical procedures shall be delayed, effective immediately.
Gatherings – prohibited through April 5, 2020
- All gatherings of 25 persons or more, or gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited – this applies to any gathering, event, or activity that brings 25 or more persons in a single room or single space at the same time.
Hospitals and Nursing Home/long Term Care Facilities – NO visitors through April 5, 2020
- Hospitals and Nursing Home/Long Term Care Facilities shall prohibit visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations such as maternity and end-of-life.
Preschools and childcare centers – closed until April 6, 2020
- Preschools and childcare centers will be closed until April 6. This does not apply to licensed childcare centers that provide services exclusively to employees with State and Local Governments, First Responders, Law Enforcement, Hospitals, Nursing Homes/Long Term Care Facilities, End Stage Renal Disease Treatment Centers, Pharmacies, and grocery stores.
Restaurants – Indoor seating is closed through April 5, 2020
- Indoor seating is closed in restaurants, but drive through windows and delivery options are available.
FREE Meals to Kids 18 and Under – Weekdays from 11:00 a.m. until noon while schools are closed
- Curbside Grab & Go Meals will be offered to Sylacauga children 18 and under on March 18-April 3 from 11:00 a.m. until noon at three locations: Nichols-Lawson Middle School, Pinecrest Elementary, and Verlie Collins Center. Every child in the car will receive meals. Curb side service allows you to stay in your car and be on your way. Bags will include breakfast and lunch meals.
Meals for Talladega County Students – Weekdays from 11:00 a.m. until noon while schools are closed
- Talladega County Schools are offering lunches for all students ages 4-18 weekdays from 11:00 a.m. until noon at B.B. Comer High School, Childersburg High School, Fayetteville High School, Winterboro High School, Lincoln Elementary School, Munford Elementary School, and Stemley Road Elementary School. Submit a request form for lunches at www.tcboe.org.
B.B. Comer Library – Closed to public until April 6, 2020
- The B.B. Comer Library will be closed until March 31. No fines will be charged, but all items will be due back April 1, 2020. For questions, call the library Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Moving 4Ward First Class Pre-K Preregistration – Now until March 31
- Central Elementary in Coosa County is accepting online preregistration until March 31 for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollment is open to all children four years-old on or before 9/1/20 who are residents of Alabama. No registration fee is required. Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com
Festival of Tulips at The American Village – cancelled
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the American Village has closed and all activities are cancelled. This includes school and public programming, as well as the Festival of Tulips. As soon as a re-opening date has been identified, we will announce it.
Sylacauga Magic of Marble Festival – cancelled
- The Sylacauga Magic of Marble Festival has been cancelled for health and safety concerns due to the COVID-19 virus.
Sylacauga Municipal Court – Most in-person proceedings are suspended until Thursday, April 16, 2020.
- All in-person proceedings in Municipal Court are suspended through Thursday, April 16, 2020, with some exceptions.
Any person who has a hearing, trial or other appearance scheduled during the suspension period should contact your attorney or the Court Office at 256-401-2521.
- Schools in Alabama will remain closed until April 6, in response to recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the health and well-being of students to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Talladega Motor Speedway – Postponed
- The April race has been postponed until further notice.