Little Mr. and Miss Talladega County Pageant – Registration deadline is Fri., Feb. 21.
- Little Mr. and Miss Talladega County Pageant will be held March 14 at B.B. Comer High School Auditorium. The deadline for application entries is Friday, Feb. 21. Times are: 10:30 a.m. for boys and girls up to age 4; and 6:00 p.m. for boys and girls ages 5-12. Contestants must reside in Talladega County. Proof of residency will be required. For more information or an application, email [email protected]
Spring Soccer at J. Craig Smith Community Center – Now until Feb. 22
- J. Craig Smith Community Center is offering spring soccer this year for children ages 5-14. Registration is $50 per student and includes uniform with top, shorts, and socks.
Festival of Tulips at The American Village – Feb. 22 – March 31
- The American Village in Montevallo presents the Festival of Tulips opening Saturday, Feb. 22! Stroll through a field of 100,000 tulips. Pick the ones you want to purchase, and take home armfuls of beautiful blooms. Adult tickets are $10; seniors and youth are $9; veterans, active military, and children 4 and under get in FREE. Group discounts and lunch options are also available.
FREE heart Health Screenings – Sat., Feb. 22 from 8:00 a.m. until noon
- Coosa Valley Medical Center and Alabama Cardiovascular Group will offer FREE Heart Health Screenings on Saturday, Feb. 22, in the CVMC Main Lobby from 8:00 a.m. until noon.
Heart & Sole Run 2020 – Sat., Feb. 22, at 9:00 a.m.
- Coosa Valley Medical Center Foundation will host Heart & Sole Run 2020 on Feb. 22 to benefit Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab. Cost is $25. Register online here or call 256-401-4070. Final registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the run to start at 9:00 a.m.
IAFL Kick-off Classic – Sat., Feb. 22, at 3:00 p.m.
- The Alabama Rams will host the IAFL Kick-off Classic against the Fairhope Rams on Feb. 22 at John Cox Stadium in Childersburg. Kickoff is at 3:00 p.m.
Cal Ripken Baseball Registration – Now until Feb. 25
- Cal Ripken Baseball Registration has started at J. Craig Smith Community Center. Cost is $55 for ages 3-4 and $75 for ages 5-12, and includes a complete uniform. Tryouts are March 7, with Opening Ceremonies slated for April 4.
- Kymulga Grist Mill hosts Open Mic. Night every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $3 to park your car and all proceeds benefit Kymulga Grist Mill Park.
Dr. Wayne Flynt to speak at Comer Library – Wed., Feb. 26, at noon
- Dr. Wayne Flynt will be the guest speaker on Feb. 26 at the SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series held at the B.B. Comer Memorial Library. He will present “Notable and Honorable Ancestors: My Clay County Heroes and Heroines.” Refreshments begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
KCS Shoe Drive Fundraiser – Feb. and March
- Knollwood Christian School is conducting a shoe drive fundraiser in Feb. and March to raise funds for the school. Donate gently worn, used and new shoes to the school to be redistributed to Funds2Orgs to grow small businesses in developing countries.
Sylacauga Kiwanis Pancake Day – Sat., Mar. 7, from 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga Kiwanis Pancake Day will be held in the SHS Lunchroom on March 7 from 6:00 a.m. until noon. Tickets are $5 each. Contact Marty Garrett for more information at 256-208-4016.
Comer Museum Car & Bike Show – Sat., Mar. 7, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The 7th Annual Comer Museum Car & Bike Show will be held March 7 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. First, second, and third place prizes will be awarded along with a People’s Choice Award. They will also have door prizes, food, entertainment, and a 50/50 split the pot.
Indian Valley Pre-K Preregistration – Now until March 17
- Indian Valley Elementary First Class Pre-K is accepting online preregistration now through March 17 for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollment is open to all children four years-old on or before 9/1/20 who are residents of Alabama and live in Sylacauga City School district. No registration fee is required. Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com/.
Moving 4Ward First Class Pre-K Preregistration – Now until March 31
- Central Elementary in Coosa County is accepting online preregistration until March 31 for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollment is open to all children four years-old on or before 9/1/20 who are residents of Alabama. No registration fee is required. Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com