TALLADEGA COUNTY, Ala. – The Talladega County Commission will meet for the second time this month tonight, Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.
The following items are set to be discussed:
- Approve minutes of Oct. 8, 2018.
- Approve reappointment of Tommy Hardy to the E-911 board retroactive Sept. 1, 2018 and term expiring Sept. 1, 2022.
- Request Chairman to sign and commission approve Task Order #018 to contract for professional mapping services dated Oct. 22, 2018 with G-Squared, LLC for 2019 aerial update.
- Approve resolution to retain Proctor and Vaughn, LLC to represent County in two property tax appeals.
- Request Chairman to sign and commission approve tower lease agreement with Allcomm Wireless, Inc. relating to Bald Mountain Tower.
- Award Highway Department material bid for in-place cement for FY 2019.
- Approve Sheriff to sign and commission approve copier lease with Kyocera to replace copier at Sheriff’s Department.
- Request Chairman to sign and commission approve Alabama Department of Youth Services Agency grant agreement for fiscal year 2018-2019 for the Pathways Juvenile Diversion Program implemented by SAFE.
- Approve financing for Talladega County Board of Education by issuing its Special Tax School Warrants Series 2018-A and Series 2018-B.
- Approve resolution to extend County’s participation agreement with the ACCA Workers’ Compensation Self-Insurers Fund for three years and receive a 15 percent discount on the current year’s contribution in the form of a refund.
- Request amendment to fiscal year 2018-2918 jail budget to provide for two certified law enforcement officer positions (Deputies) to serve as Transport Officers for federal detainees, with costs to be reimbursed by U.S. Marshall Service.
- Approve resolution to request local delegation to introduce a local bill in the 2019 session.
- Conference requests.
A work session will be held at 5:00 p.m. No additional items or discussions will be presented at the work session. The Commission meeting will follow at 6:00 p.m.