SYLACAUGA, Ala. – At its regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday night, the Sylacauga City Council reappointed four individuals to the Industrial Development Board and Commercial Development Authority.
Carol Bates, Dalbert Marsh, and Jason Green to the Industrial Development Board on a six-year term, while Sharon Hardy was appointed to a four-year term on the Commercial Development Authority.
SPD chief Kelly Johnson introduced four new department staff. Josh Morris, Madison Whitehead, Alexandra Lambert, and Kirby Days were introduced before the council and others in attendance.
The council also took action on the following items:
- Repeal Resolution 33-2021 that set date for a public hearing for July 8 to consider annexation and zoning of properties located at 169 Oldfield Circle, 124 Autumn Acres Lane, and 23 Tuscaloosa Avenue. (to be rescheduled when required legal documentation received)
- Reject bid received for COVID 19 Disinfecting Services on June 4, 2021. (Bid failed to meet bond requirements).
- Action that is necessary to award bid for Grinding Services for Hurricane Zeta debris, if ready. (bids scheduled to be opened June 14, 2021)
- Action that is necessary to enter into contract with Aaron’s Cleaning Services for disinfecting services of City Hall, PD Training Room, Faye Hosey Chambers, and Maintenance Shop, for a six-month term, at a fee of $1,240.00/mth, to be paid from Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Street Supt. Reed Calfee and Street Admin Secretary Alyssa Womack to attend the ASCE/APWA Summer Meeting in Orange Beach July 12-14, 2021. Registration fee of $325.00.each. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Calfee and Womack are $1,332.74/each.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Firefighter Lawrence Clint Payton to attend Recruit School at the Rocky Ridge Fire Department September 13-November 19, 2021. Registration fee of $800.00 includes required PT clothing; additional expenses of $750.00 for lunches over the ten-week period. Payton to use a city-provided vehicle.
- Approve travel/training expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the AAPPA 2021 Annual Conference and Problem Solving Forum July 27-30 in Mobile. Registration fee of $250.00 for conference and $180.00 for forum. Additional expenses for meals, lodging, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for McGee are $1,400.46.
- Balance of Accounts Payable for May in the amount of $142,663.10.
- May payroll in the amount of $394,634.54.
Watch the Sylacauga City Council Work Session and Meeting here.
The next meeting is scheduled for June 29, with the work session beginning at 5 p.m.