SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council held its first meeting for the month of November on Tuesday night.
The 19 minute meeting was headlined by the elections of the president and president pro-tempore for the second year of this council’s four year term. After nominations from council members, Lee Perryman, who was last year’s president, was re-elected by his peers. Ashton Fowler was nominated and elected as president pro-tempore, meaning he is second in-command on the Sylacauga City Council.
Following the two elections, the Sylacauga City Council approved the following items during its session:
- Ordinance 2191-17 establishing procedures for delinquent collection and appeals through Municipal Intercept Services, LLC.
- Ordinance 2192-17 approving five-year cable franchise agreement with Charter/Spectrum.
- Resolution 46-2017 authorizing City’s participation in the Department of Revenue’s 2018 Severe Weather Preparedness Tax Holiday scheduled Feb. 23-25, 2018.
- Resolution 47-2017 declaring Police Department computers, computer accessories, air cards, scanners, furniture, cameras and monitoring equipment as surplus equipment and authorizing disposal.
- Resolution 48-2017 amending Resolution 12-2002 (adopted Oct. 23, 2002) ratifying dental benefits for eligible retirees.
- Agreement with Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind to provide sign language interpreting services at the rate of $55 per hour when requested.
- Approve purchase of 2018 International 4300 with PACMAC Knuckleboom Loader from Ingram Equipment Company, LLC at a cost of $139,921.77 through the NJPA cooperative purchasing agreement.
- Acceptance of Sylacauga Planning Commission By-Laws, as adopted by the Commission on Oct. 5, 2017.
- Approve refund to Peggy Ballard for spay/neuter voucher purchased Sept. 23, 2017 in the amount of $55. Spay/neuter clinic was unable to perform procedure because animal was anemic.
- Request for refund from AAA Life Insurance Company for overpayment of business license fees for 2015 in the amount of $171.70, 2016 in the amount of $175.60, and 2017 in the amount of $191.11, for a total refund of $538.41.
- Additional accounts payable invoices received for FY17 in the amount of $62,413.96.
- Accounts Payable received to date for October in the amount of $161,753.29.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.