SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet this Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018 due to the Labor Day holiday.
The following items are set to be discussed during New Business:
1.Resolution 64-2018 authorizing City to enter into agreement with Engineering Design Technologies, Inc. for FY18 TAP Streetscape Improvements along Al Hwy 21 from 5th St to 6th St and Parking Lot improvements between 2nd and 3rd St, at a cost of $57,456. Action authorizes Mayor to sign required documents.
2. Resolution 65-2018 approving a Road Resurfacing Agreement with Talladega County Commission for resurfacing, removal of old asphalt, patching, temporary striping and installation of pavement markers of that segment of West 10th Street which is outside the city limits to be included in the Street Paving Project with a cost of up to $35,000 to be reimbursed by County. Action authorizes Mayor to execute agreement.
3. Approve expenses for Accounting Clerk Kristi Thompson to attend the Al Municipal Revenue Certification Training in Tuscaloosa Oct. 2-5, 2018. Registration fee is $225. Additional expenses for lodging, mileage, and meals will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Thompson are $766.55.
4. Approve expenses for Accounting Clerk Sandy Sorensen to attend the Al Municipal Revenue Certification Training in Tuscaloosa Oct. 2-5, 2018. Registration fee is $225. Additional expenses for lodging and meals will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Sorensen are $666.55. Sorenson and Thompson will be carpooling.
5. Approve expenses for City Attorney Win Livingston to attend the Alabama League of Municipalities Fall Law Conference in Orange Beach October 18-20, 2018. Registration fee is $225, with membership dues of $75 and access to League Law fees in the amount of $75. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Livingston are $1,205.
6. Accounts Payable received to date for August in the amount of $52,954.23.
A work session will be held Thursday, Sept. 6 beginning at 5:00 p.m., with the Council meeting following at 6:00 p.m. All members of the community are invited to attend.