SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night for its last regularly scheduled meeting in September.
The council agenda features appointments to four city boards.
View the full agenda below:
- Acton that is necessary to proceed with abatement OR remove from abatement property located at 701 Brock Avenue (new property owner was provided additional time to propose a plan for rehabilitation of property to the Code Dept.).
- Resolution 81-2021 authorizing Mayor James Heigl to sign Memorandum of Agreement with East Alabama Regional Planning & Development Commission for a Brownfield Coalition Assessment Grant, EPA Cooperative Agreement #BF02D08621, in the amount of $600,000.
- Resolution 82-2021 authorizing a special use permit for Verizon Wireless to modify equipment on the existing tower at 395 Alabama Avenue. Recommended by the Center for Municipal Solutions (City’s consultant).
- Action that is necessary to approve contract with Alabama Power for conversion of street lighting to LED.
- Appointment to Sylacauga Health Care Authority – six-year term of Dr. William D. Mims expired Aug. 2021.
- Appointment to Library Board – four-year term of John Ham expires Oct. 2021.
- Appointment to Tree Commission – vacant five-year term expired June 2019.
- Appointment to Historical Commission – vacant three-year term expired March 2019.
- Balance of Accounts Payable received for August and received to date for September in the amount of $172,324.87.
- Payroll for August in the amount of $397,204.38.