SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall.
View the proposed agenda below:
- Resolution 58-2020 to approve Tier 2 conversion to become effective with the fiscal year beginning Oct.1, 2021 (if ready).
- Resolution 60-2020 setting date for public hearing for closing of a portion of Herd Avenue in the Fairmont Subdivision as recommended by the Planning Commission (first available date is 10-20-20).
- Resolution 61-2020 setting date for public hearing for revenue sharing and incentive agreement with Hurr, Smith & Sanders, LLC (tentative date for public hearing is 10-8-20).
- Authorization for Mayor Heigl to sign agreement with Talladega Superspeedway, LLC (“Track”) Track Usage Agreement for PD skid car training September 8 and Sept. 10, 2020. No fees required for use of track.
- Approval of new job description for Accounting Manager and authorization to post position (funding included in current budget).
- Request from Street Supt. Reed Calfee to replace unrepairable utility trailer with a 16’ Tandem Axle Utility Trailer from Better Built Trailers, Inc. at a cost of $2,150.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Investigator Kelly White and Investigator Roman Hubbard to attend the Crime Scene Professional Development at Jacksonville State University Sept. 17, 2020. No registration fee; only expense incurred will be the use of a city-provided vehicle. Officers will carpool.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Recruit Tanner Cleveland to attend the NE Alabama Law Enforcement Academy in Anniston Aug. 31-November 25, 2020. Tuition fee of $500, lodging and meals fee of $3,800.00, and ammunition fee of $284. Total estimated expenses for Cleveland are $4,584.
- Approve travel/expenses for Business License Inspector/Clerk Libby Stewart to attend the Municipal Revenue Officers Training Institute to be held in Tuscaloosa Oct. 7-9, 2020. Registration fee is $225.00. Additional expenses for mileage, lodging, and meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Stewart are $986.44.
- Accounts Payable received to date for August in the amount of $189,044.26.
NOTE: The Work session will begin at 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020, followed by Council meeting.
Work session agenda:
- Board interviews for Library Board, Airport Authority, and Commercial Development Authority begin at 4:00 P.M.
- Discussion of replacing Street Department trailer.
- Discussion of Tier 2 conversion.
- Discussion of revenue sharing and incentive agreement with Hurr, Smith & Sanders, LLC.
- Discussion of Accounting Manager job description.