SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will hold its first regularly scheduled meeting of October Tuesday night.
The following items are the council’s proposed agenda:
- Acton that is necessary to proceed with abatement OR remove from abatement property located at 701 Brock Avenue (new property owner was provided additional time to propose a plan for rehabilitation of property to the Code Dept.).
- Proposed revision to Sick Policy Accrual – Section 188.8.131.52 of the City of Sylacauga Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Action that is necessary to approve revised Fire Department incentive policy, if ready.
- Action that is necessary to approve training for Interim City Clerk/Treasurer Kim Morris to attend the Alabama Municipal Clerks & Administrators Annual Conference via live stream Nov. 3-5, 2021. Registration fee of $285. No additional expenses will be incurred.
- Action that is necessary to approve travel/training expenses for Accounting Clerk Sandy Sorensen and HR Specialist to attend the LGHIP Conference in Wetumpka Oct. 6, 2021. No registration fee; expenses for mileage and a meal will be incurred (employees will carpool). Estimated expenses for Sorensen of $74; expenses for McGee of $20.
- Action that is necessary to approve training for FD Lt. Sam Ogilvie and Firefighter Logan Black to attend the Alabama Fire College Rescue Technician, Vehicle and Machinery Extrication certification course at the Ft. Benning Fire Department Oct. 11-15, 2021. No registration fees and no expenses will be incurred.
A council work session will start at 5:00 with the following items on its agenda:
- Michael Rice, EEFS, regarding FY22 Transportation Plan and projects for upcoming year.
- Discussion of revised Fire Department incentive policy.
- Discussion of grant request from Airport Authority.
Following the regularly scheduled meeting, a budget work session will be held in the council chamber.