SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the second time this month, Tuesday night, Oct. 17.
A work session will be held at 5:00 p.m. followed by the council meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Sylacauga Muncipal Complex.
The following items are set to be discussed:
- Public hearing for requests to annex properties located at 333 Indian Valley Drive, 103 Indian Valley Drive, a strip of property identified by E911 as 1335 Harper Springs Rd., and 77 Autumn Acres Ln. Recommendation from Planning Commission regarding zoning of properties. (Public hearing set at Sept. 5, 2017 meeting.)
- Public hearing for consideration of amendments to 1989 Zoning Ordinance and Map regarding loft apartments. (Public hearing set at Sept. 5, 2017 meeting.)
- Approval of FY18 Grant Agreement for Services for the Elderly with East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission.
- Approval of Engineering Agreement with Engineering, Environmental & Forestry Services Company, PC (EEFS Company, PC) for Sylacauga Street Paving project.
- Set date for public hearing for consideration of annexation and zoning of property located at 252 Oldfield Circle. (First available date for public hearing is Nov. 21, 2017.)
- Recommendation from The Center for Municipal Solutions to refund escrow balance of $1,986.23 to T-Mobile due to completion of cell tower project at 105 E. 2nd St.
- Approve expenses for Police Chief Kelley Johnson to attend the Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police CLEEP training course ‘The Leader as an Individual’ on Nov. 2, 2017, and ‘Motivation and Empowerment’ on Nov. 3, 2017, in Florence, Alabama.
- Approve expenses for Police Captain Rondell Muse to attend the Alabama Association of Chiefs of Police CLEEP training course ‘The Leader as an Individual’ on Nov. 2, 2017, and ‘Motivation and Empowerment’ on Nov. 3, 2017, in Florence, Alabama.
- Approve balance of Accounts Payable for September, Accounts Payable received to date for October, and September payroll.
Meetings are open to the public.
Jennifer Keith for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.