SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will have its first meeting of the month tomorrow night, Nov. 6, 2018.
There are 24 items on the agenda for New Business:
- Police Chief Kelly Johnson to introduce new Police Sergeant.
- Public hearing concerning recommendation from Planning Commission to add Planned Unit Development (PUD) district to 1989 Zoning Ordinance (public hearing set by Resolution 71-2018 9-18-18). Ordinance 2201-18.
- Ordinance 2202-18 authorizing city to participate in 2019 Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday Feb. 22-24, 2019.
- Ordinance 2203-18 amending Automobile sales tax rate, if ready.
- Ordinance 2204-18 amending Automobile lease rental tax rate, if ready.
- Ordinance 2205-18 amending Lodging tax rate, if ready.
- Resolution 83-2018 setting date for public hearing for annexation and zoning of properties located at 4364 Risers Mill Rd.-Alpine, 71 Rocky Rd., 452 Rocky Rd., 771 Center Point Rd., 859 Center Point Rd., 878 Center Point Rd., 8 Avondale Circle, 12 Avondale Circle, 13 Avondale Circle, 1140 Fulton Gap Rd., 1152 Fulton Gap Rd., 245 Rousseau Loop, 4585 Oldfield Rd., 384 Whipperwill Ln., and 1275 Harper Springs Rd. (First available date for public hearing is Dec. 18, 2018.)
- Resolution 84-2018 authorizing agreement with AVENU for Business License Discovery/Recovery services.
- Resolution 85-2018 requesting approval from ALDOT to combine FY18 and FY19 Tap Grant Streetscape and ADA Improvement Projects into one construction plan set in order to allow advertisement of both projects at one time.
- Resolution 86-2018 approving Special Use Permit for T-Mobile to modify their equipment on the existing tower at 105 E 2nd St. as recommended by CMS, city’s consultant.
- Resolution 87-2018 declaring radars and other miscellaneous police equipment as surplus property and authorizing disposal on GovDeals.com as recommended by Police Chief Kelley Johnson.
- Resolution 88-2018 authorizing purchase and installation of new twin five-ton furnaces and ten-ton split AC at Comer Museum and Arts Center at the low quoted price of $16,098 from Engle Services at the recommendation of Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone; determine funding source.
- Resolution authorizing fiscal year 2019 budget and annual contracts, if ready.
- Resolution authorizing ground lease agreement on city property off Alabama Avenue with Barinowski Investment Co., LLC/Georgia-Caroline Tower Company for construction of Verizon cell tower, if ready.
- Resolution authorizing agreement with Sylacauga Housing Authority, if ready.
- Approval of one-time appropriation to Sylacauga Parks and Rec. to provide funding for tennis court resurfacing/repair project in an amount of up to $35,000.
- Authorization for Mayor to execute revised agreement with Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind. (Agreement authorized Sept. 18, 2018 for FY19 services amended by AIDB changing services from a one-hour to a two-hour minimum requirement.)
- Request from Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone to seek bids replacing HVAC units RTU 1 and RTU 2 and determine funding source.
- Recommendation from Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone to seek bids for repair/upgrade to backflow prevention devices at identified city locations and to discontinue water service at the following sites:Sylacauga Parks and Rec. – Fairmont Park, Commerce Drive, no current accountSylacauga Parks and Rec. – Noble Park Sprlk, Account #217016098
Sylacauga Parks and Rec. – Noble Park Old Pavilion, Account #217016099
Sylacauga Parks and Rec. – Noble Park Dump Station, Account #217016200
Sylacauga Babe Ruth – East 10th Street, Account #218003904
Sylacauga Beautification – North Broadway at Family Dollar, Account #150030301
Sylacauga Beautification – North Broadway at former Sears, Account #150030701
Sylacauga Beautification – Ft. Williams and Hwy. 280, Account #205004200
Sylacauga Beautification – Norton Avenue at former Cupboards, Account #338002505
Sylacauga Beautification – North Norton at Express Lube, Account #338011200
Sylacauga Beautification – Hwy. 21 and Hwy. 280 sign, Account #128012202
Sylacauga Beautification – former Peoples Bank, Account #306000501
Sylacauga Beautification – North Broadway, Kiwanis, Account #337007900
Sylacauga Beautification – Post Office at Sylacauga High School, Account #336003400
Ft Williams Cemetery – 102 E Ft. Williams, Account #323004900
Sylacauga Parks and Rec. – Pinecrest Walking Track, Coaling Rd, Account #113010901
- Approve expenses for Payroll Clerk Sandy Sorensen to attend the Benefits Administration course in order to maintain her Payroll Specialist certification in Auburn December 7, 2018. Registration fee is $150.00. Additional expenses for mileage and a meal will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Sorensen are $236.07.
- Approve expenses for Code Enforcement Administrative Secretary Shannon Plexico to attend the Alabama City County Management Association Certification Course – Leadership & Effective Public Management, in Prattville November 15-16, 2018. Registration fee is $195.00. Additional expenses for meals and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Plexico are $350.35.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the Alabama City County Management Association Certification Course – Laws and Ethics for Public Management, in Prattville December 13-14, 2018. Registration fee is $195.00. Additional expenses for meals will be incurred (no mileage requested). Total estimated expenses for McGee are $225.00.
- Additional invoices received for September FY2018 in the amount of $17,435.75.
- Accounts Payable invoices received for October in the amount of $238,472.49.
The work session will begin at 5:00 p.m., with the Council meeting following at 6:00 p.m. All members of the community are invited to attend.