SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall for the first time in May.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 with a work session at 5:00.
View the agenda below:
- Resolution 32-2020 rescheduling public hearing to Tuesday, July 7, 2020, relating to the adoption of codes by reference for the City of Sylacauga (Resolution 11-2020 set PH date for 4-7-20; meeting cancelled due to COVID19).
- Re-appointment of Barry Vaughn as Municipal Judge for a two-year term ending 2022.
- Amendment to garbage contract
- Authorization for Mayor James Heigl to extend contract with TempForce-Smart Staffing Solutions for the services of one (1) temporary general clerical worker for the Mayor’s office and to help with Human Resources for up to 60 additional days at the billable rate of $13.50 per hour (employee $10 per hour plus 35% markup) (Original contract approved 11-19-19, for up to 120 days, start date 1-13-20).
- Authorization for City Clerk/Treasurer Patricia Carden to extend contract with TempForce-Smart Staffing Solutions for the services of one (1) temporary general clerical worker to assist with reporting for residential solid waste collection and other clerical functions within the Admin/Finance Dept. for up to 60 additional days at the billable rate of $13.50 per hour (employee $10 per hour plus 35% markup) (Original contract approved 12-3-19 for up to 120 days, start date 1-13-20).
- Authorization to amend Contract Services Agreement for the Fire Dept. to provide fire protection to industries located outside the corporate limits of the City (original agreement approved 5-20-14) (if final approval received from city attorney)
- Authorization for City to purchase and pay for required group enhanced disability and cancer insurance for career firefighters (F/T and P/T; 100% participation required with firefighter paying premium difference between basic and expanded coverage-approx $12.00/yr).
- Request for refund of overpayment of 2020 business license fees to Minnesota Regis Corporation in the amount of $275.
- Approval to ratify Mayor’s signature on CARES Grant Application for Lee Merkel Field in the amount of $30,000 through the FAA.
- Accounts Payable received to date for April in the amount of $426,486.54.
At the work session, the council will discuss opening the city’s recreational facilities.