SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the second time this month, Tuesday night, May 15 at 6:00 p.m.
The following items are set to be discussed:
- Authorize funding for FY19 Section 5311 Transportation Program.
- Approve Merchant Agreement with GovPayNet to accept credit/debit card payments on behalf of the city.
- Accept new utility bill – Babe Ruth Irrigation, account #218004300, for payment.
- Recommendation from Street Superintendent Reed Calfee to purchase a TR-575 Heated Asphalt Distributor from SealMaster/Alabama at a cost of $14,999.
- Recommendation from Street Superintendent Reed Calfee to purchase a 2005 Hamm HD 12 Roller from Robert Ingram at a cost of $9,600.
- Appointment to Board of Education – five year term of Melissa Garris expired April 2018.
- Appointment to Zoning Board of Adjustment – three year term of Ed Croyle expired January 2017. Amelia Wilson was the only applicant.
- Appointment to Zoning Board of Adjustment – three year term of Lynn Lampe expired January 2018. Board has recommended Robert Buyher (current supernumerary, term expiring January 2019) be moved to this position.
- Approve expenses for up to nine individuals (Planning Commission (4), Zoning Board of Adjustment (1), Code Enforcement (1), City Clerk’s Office (2)) to receive CAPZO Certification training to be offered at City Hall on June 14-15, 2018. Registration fee is $636 each.
- Approve expenses for up to seven individuals (Planning Commission (4), Zoning Board of Adjustment (1), Code Enforcement (1), City Clerk and Mayor) to receive CAPZO Recertification training to be offered at City Hall on August 8, 2018. Registration is $199 each.
- Balance of accounts payable for April in the amount of $163,761.33.
- April payroll in the amount of $383,821.53.
A work session will be held at 5:00 p.m. with the Council meeting following at 6:00 p.m. Street Superintendent Reed Calfee will discuss the purchase of paving equipment. There will also be a discussion of Babe Ruth irrigation utility bill at the work session.
All members of the community are invited to attend.