SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet tonight at Sylacauga City Hall.
This will be the first of two meetings in the month of June.
The following items are on the council’s agenda:
- Mayor’s appointment of Phillip Morris to Sylacauga Housing Authority Board of Commissioners (no Council action required).
- Resolution 33-2019 setting a date for public hearing to hear a request from Barinowski Investment Company, LLC for the installation of a new 180 ft. cell tower at 395 Alabama Ave. First available date for public hearing is 7-2-19.
- Resolution 34-2019 granting utility easement in alley located behind Heritage South Credit Union between North Broadway Avenue and North Norton Avenue to Sylacauga Utilities Board.
- Resolution 35-2019 setting date for public hearing regarding amendment to utility permit fee schedules.
- Request from Sylacauga Young Professionals to use the City-owned parking lot between 2nd and 3rd Streets behind Odie’s Deli and Fermenter’s Market at the Rex on Saturday, July 13, 2019, from noon to 10:00 p.m. to hold its 4th Annual Crawfish Boil, including food and music and to benefit CVMC Foundation.
- Request from local business owner Jeff Turner to close a portion of the parking lot behind Fermenter’s Market on Saturday, June 15, from noon until 9:00 P.M. for a small New Orleans style wedding hosted by Fermenter’s Market. Musical entertainment will be provided, with a New Orleans style march around the block following the ceremony.
- Accounts Payable received to date for May in the amount of $59,840.91.
Full video of the council work session and meeting will be available Wednesday on SylacaugaNews.com.