SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 with a work session beginning at 5:00.
At the work session the council will discuss:
- Repeal Resolution 33-2021 that set date for a public hearing for July 8 to consider annexation and zoning of properties located at 169 Oldfield Circle, 124 Autumn Acres Lane, and 23 Tuscaloosa Avenue. (to be rescheduled when required legal documentation received)
- Reject bid received for COVID 19 Disinfecting Services on June 4, 2021. (Bid failed to meet bond requirements).
- Action that is necessary to award bid for Grinding Services for Hurricane Zeta debris, if ready. (bids scheduled to be opened June14, 2021)
- Action that is necessary to enter into contract with Aaron’s Cleaning Services for disinfecting services of City Hall, PD Training Room, Faye Hosey Chambers, and Maintenance Shop, for a six-month term, at a fee of $1,240.00/mth, to be paid from Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.
- Appointment to Industrial Development Board – six-year term of Carol Bates expired 4-15-21.
- Appointment to Industrial Development Board – six-year term of Dalbert Marsh expired 4-15-21.
- Appointment to Industrial Development Board – six-year term of Jason Green expired 4-15-21.
- Appointment to CDA – four-year supernumerary term of Sharon Hardy expired 3-15-21.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Street Supt. Reed Calfee and Street Admin Secretary Alyssa Womack to attend the ASCE/APWA Summer Meeting in Orange Beach July 12-14, 2021. Registration fee of $325.00.each. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for Calfee and Womack are $1,332.74/each.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Firefighter Lawrence Clint Payton to attend Recruit School at the Rocky Ridge Fire Department September 13-November 19, 2021. Registration fee of $800.00 includes required PT clothing; additional expenses of $750.00 for lunches over the ten-week period. Payton to use a city-provided vehicle.
- Approve travel/training expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the AAPPA 2021 Annual Conference and Problem Solving Forum July 27-30 in Mobile. Registration fee of $250.00 for conference and $180.00 for forum. Additional expenses for meals, lodging, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for McGee are $1,400.46.
- Balance of Accounts Payable for May in the amount of $142,663.10.
- May payroll in the amount of $394,634.54.