SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Due to the Fourth of July holiday, the Sylacauga City Council has rescheduled its regularly scheduled meeting to Thursday night at Sylacauga City Hall.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 with a work session beginning at 5:00.
Here is the proposed agenda:
- Chief Kelley Johnson – presentation of awards.
- Recognition of Sylacauga baseball teams winning state championships.
- Sarah Rogers concerning thru-traffic on East 11th Street.
- Beth Patterson concerning swimming pool.
- Resolution 68-2021 authorizing agreement with East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission for FY22 Section 5311 Public Transportation Program. Authorization commits matching funds in the amount of $61,016.00 for program operations and administration.
- Action that is necessary to authorize Chief Kelley Johnson to sign Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of the Sylacauga Police Department with Central Alabama Crime Stoppers.
- Action that is necessary to release full and final payment to Republic Services for March residential garbage pickup in the amount of $67,477.92.
- Action that is necessary to issue refund to Moore Oil Co., Inc. in the amount of $25.79 for over payment of 2021 Business License fees.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Fire Chief Nate Osgood to attend the Al Association of Fire Chief’s Summer Leadership Conference in Orange Beach, August 8-10, 2021. Registration fee of $250.00. Additional expenses for lodging and meals will be incurred. Osgood will use a department vehicle. Total estimated expenses for Osgood are $710.00.
- Accounts Payable received to date for the month of June in the amount of $283,390.43.
The following items are on the work session agenda:
- Discussion of upcoming 911 re-addressing on Hwy 21.
- Food World demolition (coordination of bidding with CDBG properties).