SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will hold its first July meeting on Tuesday, July 3.
The following items are on the proposed agenda:
- Resolution 51-2018 to amend Resolution 42-2018 adopted May 15, 2018 approving purchase of Roller for Street Department in order to correct year, make and model of Roller.
- Resolution 52-2018 to amend Resolution 22-2018 adopted April 17, 2018 approving purchase of van for Transportation program in order to increase cost due to a chassis price increase of $97, per East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission.
- Transfer of Retail Beer (off premises only) and Retail Table Wine (off premises only) from Pure Food Mart, Inc. to Gulzar Panjwani, Member of Salwa Enterprice LLC, DBA Quality Food Mart located at 1194 Talladega Hwy., Sylacauga.
- Approve request from Shop Supt. Ed Ford to purchase Tire Changer from Advance Auto Parts for City Shop at a cost of $7,882.
- Approve expenses for Cassidy Patterson to attend Firefighter School in Alexander City June 11 through Aug. 17, 2018. There is no registration fee (Sylacauga Fire will be assisting with training to offset the costs of registration). Expenses for meals will be incurred and fuel for a city vehicle.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the BSHRM Compensation and Benefits Symposium in Birmingham July 11. Registration fee is $40. Additional expenses for mileage will be incurred.
- Approve accounts payable received to date for June in the amount of $994,231.77.
The meeting will begin at 6:00 with a work session preceding the meeting at 5:00.