SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for its regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday night at City Hall.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:00 with a work session beginning at 5:00.
Here is the proposed agenda:
- Public hearings to consider nuisance properties identified through CDBG Project LR-CE-PF-19-01 (set by Resolution 65-2021 approved 6-15-21 to correct/amend addresses).
- Police Chief Kelley Johnson to present awards and ‘SPD Officer of the Year’ for 2020.
- Presentation by Shelly Bullard, Fermenters Market.
- Recommendation from Police Chief Kelley Johnson to declare 2001 Jeep Cherokee, S/N 1J4FF48S41L605526 as surplus property, and donate to Coosa County Sheriff’s Office.
- Approve travel/training expenses for PD recruits Joseph Bridges and Kirby Days to attend the NE Alabama Law Enforcement Academy in Anniston Aug. 30-Dec. 2, 2021. Tuition of $1,000, food and lodging of $3,800, ammunition costs of $284; $500 to be paid by APOSTC upon graduation. Total estimated expenses for Bridges and Days are $5,084 each.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Fire Chief Nate Osgood and Firefighter Kyle Moseley to attend the Live Fire Instructor Crossover/Update in Tallassee July 20, July 27, and Aug. 3. No registration fees; employees will use a city-provided vehicle. There are no estimated expenses for this training.
- Approve travel/training expenses for Firefighters Logan Blake and Harmony Kelley to attend the Fire Life Training Alabama HOT (Hands on Training) Conference in Tallassee Nov. 3-4, 2021. Registration fee of $299; employees will carpool in a city-provided vehicle. Total estimated expenses for Blake and Kelley are $299 each.
- Balance of Accounts Payable for June in the amount of $435,262.03.
- June payroll in the amount of $400,244.69.
The following items are on the work session agenda:
- Follow-up with Reed Calfee concerning thru-traffic on East 11th Street.
- Yourlanda Burns to provide quarterly financial report.