SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet on Thursday Feb. 22 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall with a work session scheduled for 4:00.
Here is the council’s proposed agenda for the meeting:
- Public hearing to hear request to rezone property located at 500 East Ft Williams Street from M-1 to M-2. (Public hearing set by Resolution 02-2018 1-18-18). Ordinance 2195-18.
- Resolution 07-2018 granting a ten-year tax abatement to Blue Bell Creameries, L.P., for the construction of a new production facility, dry and refrigerated warehouse, and truck shop with a total capital investment of $7,535,000 and the hiring of up to 18 new employees.
- Authorization to seek bids for Streetscape Improvement Project along Broadway Avenue from 3rd to 4th Street per CDG estimates.
- Authorization to seek bids for paving project based on estimates from EEFS Company PC. (Listing of proposed streets presented at 1-4-18 meeting).
- Recommendation from Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone to accept request from Sylacauga Airport Authority to declare two (2) fifty (50) foot towers and one (1) 15×15 chain link fence as surplus property and authorize disposal on GovDeals.com.
- Request from Fire Chief Adam Gardner to authorize posting of one additional full-time Firefighter. (Authorization to post for three (3) full time firefighters and six (6) part time firefighters was approved 1-4-18; Chief’s promotion created one additional slot).
- Approve expenses for Code Administrative Secretary Shannon Plexico to attend the Alabama State Data Center LUCA (Local Update of Census Addresses) Training in Montgomery on Feb. 22, 2018. There is no registration fee, but expenses for mileage will be incurred.
- Balance of Accounts Payable for January in the amount of $200,065.89.
- January payroll in the amount of $411,269.98.