SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet tomorrow night, Dec. 17, at Sylacauga for the final meeting of the year.
The Council will hold a work session, open to the public, at 5:00.
Following the work session, the mayor and council members will begin the official meeting at 6:00.
The following items are on the agenda:
- HR Specialist Jayne McGee to present proposed changes to medical protocol.
- Status change for PD Officer Chris Gallops from PS-1-3, $17.93/hr. to PS-1-4, $18.52/hr. for obtaining Associate’s Degree; to be effective with pay period beginning Dec. 28, 2019.
- Action necessary to accept the retirement of Fire Chief Adam Gardner effective Jan. 31, 2020 and authorization to post job vacancy.
- Request from Code Enforcement Department to extend employment of a temporary worker for up to 180 days at the billable rate of approximately $13.00/hr. with TempForce Smart Staffing Solutions.
- Authorization to pay $304.30 from the Marble City Perpetual Care Fund to Pete’s Feed & Seed for materials/supplies purchased by the Marble City Cemetery Committee.
- Authorization to extend waiver of the annexation application fee through March 31, 2020.
- Authorization to contract with Culver Heating & Air to remove and replace existing duct work and grills at City Shop at a cost of $6,500 (can handle with PO).
- Authorization for additional appropriation to Sylacauga Parks & Recreation in the amount of $8,048.27 for supplies needed to bring parks up to LWCF guidelines.
- Approve travel/expenses for Court Magistrate Portia Ford to attend the 2020 Magistrate’s Orientation classes in Montgomery on Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, and Feb. 28, 2020. Registration fee is $250.00 for all five classes. Additional expenses for mileage will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for all five classes is $570.
- Approve travel/expenses for Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone to attend the Intl Association of Electrical Inspectors Analysis of Changes course to be held in Homewood Jan. 10, 2020. Registration fee is $150. Whetstone & Sayers will carpool in a city vehicle.
- Approve travel/expenses for P/T Inspector Wayne Sayers to attend the Intl Association of Electrical Inspectors Analysis of Changes course to be held in Homewood Jan.10, 2020. Registration fee is $150. Sayers & Whetstone will carpool in a city vehicle.
- Additional Accounts Payable received for FY19 in the amount of $184.33.
- Balance of Accounts Payable invoices for November in the amount of $209,041.07.
- November payroll in the amount of $652,087.26.
At the work session, Laura Strickland, Executive Director of the Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce, will update the Council on 2019 Chamber achievements and program/goals for 2020.