SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet tonight at City Hall.
This will be the council’s second meeting of the month of August. It begins at 6:00.
Below are the items on the council’s proposed agenda:
- Resolution 44-2019 authorizing addendum #1 to the contract with the Talladega County Emergency Management Communication District to assist with the upgrade of the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System at an additional annual cost of $2,171.91 (Contract awarded 9-15-09.)
- Resolution 45-2019 setting date for public hearing to consider applications for annexation and zoning for the following properties as recommended by the Planning Commission: 881 Marble City Heights Circle, 495 Odens Mill Rd, 473 Odens Mill Rd., 207 Pine Street (Walco), 55 Farr Lane, 26 Jackson Ave, 6720 Al Hwy. 21, 215 Memory Ln, 1014 Odena Rd. South, 148 Brooks Rd, 310 Marble City Heights Circle, 152 Autumn Acres Ln, 324 St. John St, 185 Fulton Circle, 205 Fulton Circle, 215 Fulton Circle, 275 Houston Rd., 3940 Old Sylacauga Hwy., and 345 Mountainview Lake Rd. First available date for public hearing is Oct. 17, 2019.
- Resolution accepting roads from Talladega County, if ready.
- Authorization for Historical Commission to apply for $10,000.00 grant to be used for the cleaning of markers at Ft. Williams Cemetery through the Alabama Historical Commission’s 2020 Historic Sites Grant Program.
- Appointment to Industrial Development Board – six-year term of Gary Smith expired April 15, 2019. Mitch Miller was the only applicant.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Austin Pitts to attend the Proactive Criminal Patrol Techniques course at the Moody Police Department Sept. 4-6, 2019. No registration fee; expenses for meals and use of a city vehicle will be incurred (Pitts and Hubbard to carpool).
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Roman Hubbard to attend the Proactive Criminal Patrol Techniques course at the Moody Police Department Sept. 4-6, 2019. No registration fee; expenses for meals and use of a city vehicle will be incurred (Hubbard & Pitts to carpool).
- Approve travel/expenses for City Attorney Edwin B. Livingston, Jr. to attend the 2019 Fall Municipal Law Conference September 25-28, 2019, in Gulf Shores. Registration fee is $250. with a $75. materials fee. Additional expenses for mileage, lodging, and meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Livingston are $1,570.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Lt. Willis Whatley to attend the 32nd Annual Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee (LECC) conference in Orange Beach Aug. 27-30, 2019. Registration fee is $250.00. Additional expenses for fuel for a city vehicle will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Whatley are $350.
- Accounts Payable received to date for July in the amount of $199,636.31.
- Approval of July payroll.
A work session will precede the meeting. It begins at 5:00.
The following items will be discussed:
- Street Supt. Reed Calfee to discuss costs for turning back on water at Marble City Cemetery.
- Discussion of honorary street sign policy/application.
- Discussion of EDT’s additional services for the 2015 TAP project.
- Discussion of 772 development for downtown, if ready.