SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall.
SylacaugaNews.com will have full video of the work session and official meeting following tomorrow’s session.
The following items are on the agenda:
- Resolution 19-2019 declaring tower located on former BOE property (now City property) to be surplus property, authorizing donation of same to Hanover Volunteer Fire Department, and approving agreement for surplus tower removal/transport by Hanover Volunteer Fire Department.
- Resolution 20-2019 authorizing purchase of a Massey Ferguson Model MF4710 ROW tractor for Street Department from Coblentz Equipment & Parts Co., Inc., from the State Bid Contract at a cost of $51,227.04.
- Resolution 21-2019 authorizing purchase of hydraulic post driver for the Street Department from Grainer at a cost of $3,391.79.
- Resolution 22-2019 declaring PD vehicles as surplus property and authorizing appropriate disposal.
- Resolution 23-2019 declaring lawnmower and printer as surplus property and authorizing appropriate disposal.
- Resolution 24-2019 approving extension of Special Use Permit granted for T-Mobile’s modification to the cell tower at 105 East Second Street (Sylacauga AL T-Mobile 105 East Second Street MOD2).
- Resolution 25-2019 authorizing and approving contract with Barge Design Solutions, Inc., in the total compensation budget amount of $157,014 for the provision of Project Development, Design, Bidding, Construction and Resident Project Representative Services for the Airport Improvement Project (AIP #3-01-0068-022-2019) for the rehabilitation of Runway 9-27 and Runway 9-27 lighting system.
- Approval of request from Verizon for closure of the application file and return of cell tower escrow balance in the amount of $4,824.94 for permitted equipment modification to the tower located at 17611 AL Hwy. 21.
- Appointment to Tree Commission—5-year term. (Currently two vacant positions; Ryan Coleman was only applicant.)
- Approval of request from Fire Chief Adam Gardner for Council to rescind the pay increase approved March 19, 2019, for FD Lt. Nate Osgood due to the action not falling within the Civil Service rules.
- Approve travel/training expenses for up to three Histotical Commission members to attend the Alabama Historical Association Annual Meeting to be held in Tuscaloosa, April 25-27, 2019. Registration fee is $50 each; expenses for mileage and meals will likely be incurred. Total estimated expenses are $265.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Angela Tait to attend the Alabama DWI Detection and SFST Instructor Development Course at the Alabama Criminal Justice Training Center in Selma April 21-25, 2019. No registration fee. Expenses for fuel and meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Tait are $100.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the AAPPA 2019 Annual Conference and Problem Solving Forum in Foley, Alabama July 23-26, 2019. Registration fee for the conference is $250.00 and $150.00 for the forum. Additional fees for lodging, meals and mileage will be incurred. Estimated expenses for McGee are $1,240.78.
- Balance of Accounts Payable invoices for March in the amount of $169,457.28.
- March payroll in the amount of $414,545.80.