SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Laura Strickland spoke at the Sylacauga City Council meeting last night to discuss the economy in Sylacauga.
She gives updates about exciting opportunities for retailers in Sylacauga, including the Marble City Square Development and Fort Williams.
- T.J. Maxx is set to have its grand opening Sunday, March 18 at 8:00 a.m. They have a host of activities planned for the morning, along with discounts and prizes available. They will initially employ 100-110 people and scale back to 48-55 employees following a three to six month period. They are securing a partnership with SAFE and will make a presentation that morning to SAFE.
- Petsense will have its grand opening March 24 at 9:00 a.m.
- Hobby Lobby will have its grand opening on Monday, April 2 at 9:00 a.m. It is a new member of the Chamber of Commerce. They will employ between 35 and 50 people with a starting pay of $10.45 for part-time employees and $15.70 for full-time employees.
- Chick-fil-A: The Chamber is awaiting the announcement of the store owner and following this announcement the owner will determine the restaurant’s lead team and begin the hiring process. There are no tentative employee counts at this time.”We’re excited about their strong work ethic, which will be positive for the entire work force in Sylacauga,” explained Strickland. There is a tentative opening date of April 26. The Chamber of commerce will share updates on Chick-fil-A as it receives them.
- On Fort Williams St., Daylight Donuts has a tentative opening for the end of March. It is locally owned small business with another location in Alexander City on Cherokee Road near CACC. Its employee numbers will be small, but it is a great addition to our food service offering.
“We look forward to sharing more additions to our community as they are made public, and I anticipate there are a lot of those to come.,” Strickland said. “It’s an exciting time to be part of Sylacauga.”