SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Sylacauga’s municipal election is Aug. 25 with city council seats and the mayor’s office up for grabs.
However, no one is officially candidate for a municipal seat just yet.
While people have announced their intentions to run and started to campaign, the date to make it official is still 22 days away.
July 7 will mark the start of qualifying to run for a municipal office. Those wishing to run must qualify by July 21.
This election cycle could get confusing. There will be multiple elections held within five weeks of the other. Here are important dates you need to know:
- July 7
- Qualifying for municipal elections begins
- July 14
- U.S. Senate primary runoff
- Talladega County Commission runoff
- July 26
- Last day to register to vote in municipal elections
- Aug. 25
- Municipal elections
- Oct. 6
- Municipal election runoff (if required)
- Oct. 19
- Last day to vote in general election
- Oct. 29
- Last day to apply for absentee ballot
- Nov. 3
- Statewide general election