BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Five people have been arrested for drug trafficking in Birmingham.
On Thursday, agents with ALEA, Homewood Police Department, Birmingham Police NET Team, and Homeland Security Investigations executed two search warrants, recovering massive amounts of various narcotics.
According to ALEA, the two search warrants were the result of a lengthy investigation into a Drug Trafficking Organization operating in the Birmingham Metro area.
During the search police found over $1 million worth of drugs and cash. Items seized in the search include:
- 140 pounds of marijuana (street value $420,000)
- two pounds of cocaine (street value $100,000)
- four pounds of methamphetamine ( street value $400,000)
- two guns
- $95,000 in cash
The following suspects were arrested:
- Elsy Judith Martinez Lopez, 30, Birmingham
- Bernardo M. Lopez, 36, Birmingham
- Misael Agosttini-Otero, 32, Birmingham
- Rafael A. Arvayo-Lopez, 31, Birmingham
- Armando I Escobar-Jackes, 39, Birmingham
ALEA says all suspects are charged with trafficking marijuana, trafficking methamphetamine, and trafficking cocaine. No bond has been set at this time.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.