SYLACAUGA, Ala. – If you must get out for necessary supplies, you can make a homemade facemask with just two simple items: rubber bands and a piece of cloth.
RadioAlabama’s Michael Brannon shows you how in this 40-second video.
The CDC recently advocated the wearing of a cloth face cover. Here are the CDC’s tips:
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
For more health tips from the CDC, click here.