SYLACAUGA, Ala. – Coosa Valley Medical Canter is altering its visitation directions starting Tuesday, Aug. 31.
The updated rules only allow one caregiver per patient. CVMC defines a caregiver as a parent, spouse, family member or friend that is there to improve the patient’s safety, emotional being, or physical care. Patients may also have an alternate caregiver, but only one will be allowed at a time.
Every caregiver must be:
- 18 or older
- No COVID symptoms
- Has not tested positive for COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone that has COVID-19
- A caregiver must sign in upon arrival
- A caregiver must must wear a face covering to the facility
Visitor guidelines for hospital units are as follows:
- ICU will allow no visitors
- Women’s services will allow one caregiver
- Neonatal will allow the mother and one caregiver
- Surgical will allow no caregiver for pre-admission testing unless needed to assist with information accuracy. One caregiver may help with entry to hospital
- Emergency Dept. will allow one caregiver per patient if the patient is not COVID-19 positive or a person waiting for test results, or a patient is not in a hallway stretcher