SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall where it will vote to continue to having four school resource officers devoted to the Sylacauga City Schools system.
In the council’s proposed agenda, it will have the opportunity to approve a request from the Sylacauga Board of Education for the services of four school resource officers for the coming school year. The agenda states the the BOE will provide $84,569.36 for the salaries of two full-time and two part-time officers.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Request from Verizon for refund of escrow balance in the amount of $5,858.92 due to cancellation of project modifying cell tower at 105 East Second Street MOD 4. The Center for Municipal Solutions has notified City that Verizon plans to restart the project again in 2020. (Resolution 12-2018 approved 5-6-18)
- Extension of agreement with Tate & Associates for additional HR consulting services for a three-month period at a proposed project fee of $6,500 per quote dated March 29, 2019.
- Request from Court Clerk Amber Johns to hire Portia Ford as Court Magistrate I at Step A0-2, Grade 2, at the rate of $12.10/hr due to applicant having a BS degree in Criminal Justice.
- Approve travel/expenses for City Clerk Patricia G. Carden to attend the 2019 AAMCA Fall Training Institute August 27-30, 2019, in Tuscaloosa. Registration fee is $265. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and mileage will be incurred. Estimated total expenses for Carden are $912.44.
- Approve travel/expenses for CC Administrative Assistant Kim Morris to attend the 2019 AAMCA Fall Training Institute August 27-30, 2019, in Tuscaloosa. Registration fee is $265. Additional expenses for lodging and meals will be incurred (Carden and Morris will carpool). Estimated total expenses for Morris are $801.44.
- June payroll in the amount of $411,724.38.
- Balance of Accounts Payable invoices for June in the amount of $227,809.32.
The meeting will begin at 6:00. A work session will precede the meeting at 5:00 in the Mayor’s chambers.