SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet tonight at Sylacauga City Hall.
The meeting will begin at 6:00 with a work session beginning at 5:00.
At the meeting, the council will hold an election for Council President. District 4 Councilman Lee Perryman is currently council president.
The other four members of the council include Tiffany Nix, Dallas Davenport, Donnie Blackmon and Ashton Fowler.
View the full council agenda below:
- Election of Council President for upcoming year.
- Resolution 59-2019 authorizing agreement with EDT, Inc. for grant writing services over the next three years, if ready.
- Resolution 60-2019 to accept proposal from EDT, Inc. for preliminary design layout for new Community Center.
- Consent for Assignment of Contract from Waste Pro of Alabama, Inc., to Republic Services effective Nov. 1, 2019.
- Set date for public hearing of proposed zoning ordinance as recommended by the Planning Commission, if ready. (Still awaiting pricing from Daily Home and confirmation from League of Municipalities that proposal from Daily Home as a ten-page insert will meet publication requirements).
- Authorization to accept Alabama Historical Commission grant in the amount of $4,500 to be used for the cleaning of markers in the Sylacauga Cemetery. (no city match required)
- Authorization to purchase loading ramp from ADECA Surplus Division at a cost of $3,000.
- Authorization for Sylacauga City Schools to enter Mountainview School to remove one network rack and 15-20 student desks.
- Correction of cost of marker for East Highland National Alumni Association. (Council approved $2395 marker cost 10-17-19; actual cost is $2935 including shipping).
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Investigator Chris Vinson to attend Taser Instructor Recertification at the Irondale Police Department Nov. 19-20, 2019. Registration fee is $495. Additional expenses for meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Vinson are $545.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Officer Josh Jones to attend Taser Instructor Recertification at the Irondale Police Department Nov. 19-20, 2019. Registration fee is $495. Additional expenses for meals will be incurred. Total estimated expenses for Jones are $545.
- Approve travel/expenses for PD Lt. Jason McNeil, SRO David Kimbrough, Sgt. Tim Collier, Officer Curt Looney, Officer Terry Gallahair, and Sgt. Charlton Kircus to attend Capturing Pablo-An Evening with DEA agents Javier Pena and Steve Murphy, presented by the JSU Center for Best Practices in Law Enforcement in Oxford Nov. 18, 2019. No registration fee; only expenses incurred will be the use of city vehicles.
- Additional Accounts Payable invoices received to date for Sept. in the amount of $136,567.71
- Accounts Payable invoices received to date for October in the amount of $173,258.46.