CHILDERSBURG, Ala. – The Childersburg City Council met Tuesday, Feb. 15, with the following agenda of items for action:
The Council voted to approve a resolution which awards a state funded drain project for Pleasant Valley to Civ Contractors, as the low qualified bidder for $409,300.
Also, a resolution was approved for a $6,399.81 change order for light kits and a door with hardware for the Limbaugh Community Center Project.
The Council also approved:
• A contract with Southeast Shelby to provide ambulance billing for Childersburg Fire & Rescue Department.
• An extension and expansion of the contract with the Greater Coosa Valley Chamber of Commerce to $1,000.00 per month, beginning April 1, 2022.
• Costs necessary for elected officials to attend the 2022 Alabama League of Municipalities Convention in Tuscaloosa in May, including lodging, per diem, mileage, and registration.
• The purchase of an E500 Automatic Transport and a ventilator for Childersburg Fire and Rescue Dept. in the amount of $4833.53, funded by the American Rescue Fund grant.
• Awarding Simmons Home Improvement three projects for upgrades and repairs for the Baseball Complex.
• A $4,800.00 expense for the Parks & Recreation Department to use the RecDesk website software, that will allow for on-line registration and allow credit and debit card sales at the concession stands.
• Payment of invoices in the amount of $401,571.21.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for March 1 at 6 p.m.