COOSA COUNTY, Ala. – As the country prepares for the 2020 election, the Alabama Secreatey of State office is doing everything it can to make a government issued voter ID available for citizens.
The SOS office will hold a mobile ID station in Coosa County to help citizens register to vote and make IDs readily available.
The SOS office will set up at the Kellyton Civic Complex from 1:30-3:30 on July 21.
To qualify for a Free Photo Voter ID:
- Must be a Registered Voter in Alabama at current address
- Must NOT already possess a valid photo identification acceptable for voting
- Must provide identification such as:
- Non valid Photo ID (expired license, student or employee ID, etc.)
- (The following must contain full legal name and date of birth.)
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Record
- Medicare or Medicaid Document
- Military Record
- Official School Record or Transcript
- Social Security Administration Document
- State or Federal Census Record
- Hospital or Nursing Home Record
- Certificate of Citizenship
The SOS office will also visit Tallapoosa Co. at Alexander City’s City Hall on July 21 from 10 a.m. – noon.