SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night at Sylacauga City Hall.
This will be the final gathering of council members in May with a work session beginning at 5 p.m. with the official meeting held at 6 p.m.
At the work session, the council will discuss an item on the agenda requiring a vote. The item will authorize a contract for services related to design and paving work and improvements on James Payton Blvd.
The following items are also on the agenda:
- Ordinance 2212-19 deeding property to Blue Bell Creameries. Action includes authorization for Mayor to sign quit claim deed to Blue Bell.
- Ordinance 2213-19 regulating mobile homes.
- IF READY—Resolution 25-2019 authorizing and approving contract with Barge Design Solutions, Inc., in the total compensation budget amount of $157,014.00 for the provision of Project Development, Design, Bidding, Construction and Resident Project Representative Services for the Airport Improvement Project (AIP #3-01-0068-022-2019) for the rehabilitation of Runway 9-27 and Runway 9-27 lighting system.
- Resolution 30-2019 authorizing participation in the Section 5311 Nonurbanized Area Public Transportation program and committing funds for FY2020.
- Resolution 31-2019 authorizing contract for professional services relative to design work for paving and improvements to James Payton Blvd.
- Resolution 32-2019 granting utility easement in/on the undeveloped road platted as Roberts Circle to Sylacauga Utilities Board.
- Agreement with ALDOT for Rail-Highway At-Grade Crossing Improvement at DOT#351492B Gene E Stewart Blvd. Federal funding available at 90%, with a 10% match required.
- Action necessary to accept the recommendation of Lathan Associates Architects PC to accept Replacement of Gym Flooring at J. Craig Smith Community Center (Architects Job #18-06) as complete and authorize final payment when ready.
- Retail Beer (Off Premises Only) and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Application from Nirav Pravinbhai Patel, Mahendra Chunilal Patel, and Dinesh Chandrakant Patel, members of Keshav Jivan LLC DBA Mobile QV located at 750 S. Broadway Ave. Letter received from Police Chief and inspection approval received from Code/FD.
- Approve travel/expenses for Police Chief Kelley Johnson to attend the AACOP Leadership Training courses “Leading Change in the Organization” on June 13, 2019, and “Leadership and Management for Today’s Police Chief” on June 14, 2019 in Ft Payne. No registration fee. Expenses for lodging and meals will be incurred. Johnson will carpool with Muse. Total estimated expenses for Johnson are $287.44.
- Approve travel/expenses for Police Captain Rondell Muse to attend the AACOP Leadership Training courses “Leading Change in the Organization” on June 13, 2019, and “Leadership and Management for Today’s Police Chief” on June 14, 2019 in Ft Payne. Registration fee of $99 per course. Additional expenses for lodging, meals, and fuel for a city vehicle will be incurred. Muse and Johnson will carpool. Total estimated expenses for Muse are $560.44.
- Balance of Accounts Payable invoices for April in the amount of $1,508,311.14.
- April payroll in the amount of $403,664.98.
Full video of both the work session and council meeting will be available Wednesday morning on SylacaugaNews.com.