SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the first time this month on Tuesday, Aug. 1.
The council has 16 items on the agenda under the label “New Business.” No old business will be discussed.
All items on the proposed are as following:
- PD Lt. Shane Bland to introduce new police officer Angela Tait (information only; no council action required).
- Resolution authorizing installation of new traffic signal for Hutton development and modifications to two current traffic signals, and ongoing maintenance of signals (rescind previous resolution; Hutton to pay all associated costs of installation and modification).
- Correction (if required by Alabama Department of Revenue) to resolution and tax abatement agreement granted to Fleetwood Metal Industries Inc. Legal business name should be corrected to read Fleetwood Metal Industries Corporation.
- Approval of grass cutting agreement with Ashley Cabaniss at Airport; no cost to City – exchange for hay.
- Request from Court Clerk Amber Johns to purchase ink pens with Court logo and window envelopes from Swen Communications in the amount of $264 to be paid from Judicial Admin Fund.
- Request from Code Enforcement Dept. to purchase a wide-format color printer from Ricoh at a cost of $10,259.02
- Recommendation from Street Supt. Reed Calfee to authorize four part-time laborer positions for Animal Shelter.
- Authorization for Piper Jaffrey to move forward with bond refinancing, to include possible additional funds.
- Request from Police Chief Kelley Johnson for new hire Kyle Smith to attend the NE Alabama Law Enforcement Academy beginning Aug. 21, 2017. Registration fee is $2,050 with an additional $239 for ammunition used during training. Upon successful completion of the academy, city will be reimbursed $1,300.
- Approve travel for PD LT. Willis Whatley to attend the 30th Annual Alabama Statewide Law Enforcement Coordinating Committees (LECC) Conference in Orange Beach Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2017. No expenses will be incurred by the City; employee will be paying all expenses.
- Approve expenses for HR Specialist Jayne McGee to attend the Al Certified Risk Management Specialist class – Workers’ Compensation to be held Aug. 18, 2017, in Auburn. Registration fee is $150. Additional expenses for a meal and mileage will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for PD Investigator Chris Vinson to attend the Taser Instructor re-certification course in Oxford Oct. 17. Registration fee is $225. Additional expenses for a meal and use of a city vehicle will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for PD officers Cody Childress and Tim Collier to attend the Gracie Survival Tactics MIL/LE Defensive Tactics Course in Oxford Sept. 5-7, 2017. There is no registration fee, but expenses for meals and use of a city vehicle will be incurred.
- Approve expenses for Court Clerk Amber Johns to attend the 2017 Municipal Court Summit in Birmingham Aug. 10-11, 2017. There is no registration fee. Expenses for meals, mileage, and possible lodging will be incurred and paid from the Municipal Court Admin Fund (training agenda has been requested).
- Accounts Payable received to date for July in the amount of $75,494.26.
- Approve additional payroll for the month of June in the amount of $2,544.89
A work session will be held at 5:00 p.m. with the council meeting following at 6:00 p.m. All members of the community are invited to join.