Kids Blast Carnival – Fri., Aug. 16, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Kids Blast Carnival will be held at Heritage South Credit Union on Hwy 280 on Friday, Aug. 16. They will have rides, food, and fun to celebrate Kid’s Club Members. Members get in free, and the cost to sign up your child is $5 (must bring child’s SS card to sign up).
Jerry Studdard Memorial Rodeo – Aug. 16 & 17, at 8:00 p.m. nightly (gates open at 6:00 p.m.)
- The Jerry Studdard Memorial Rodeo will be held on Friday and Saturday at Cedar Creek Cowboy Church in Childersburg at 8:00 p.m. nightly – hosted by 4L & Diamond S Rodeo. General Admission is $14; tickets for children 12 & under are $8.00; children 5 and under get in free.
Trade Day – Sat., Aug. 17, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends will host Trade Day in Millerville on Aug. 17 starting at 7:00 a.m. Free outdoor set-up and park and sell is offered.
TigerFest 2019 – Sat., Aug. 17, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- TigerFest 2019 will be held August 17 at John Cox Stadium beginning at 6:00 p.m. Show your support for the Childersburg Tigers and celebrate the new school year.
Open House & Ribbon Cutting – Tues., Aug. 20, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Wound Care Center will host an Open House & Ribbon Cutting on Aug. 20, at 2:00 p.m. The Wound Care Center is located in the Medical Arts Plaza across from CVMC. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Cheer Tryouts – Aug. 20, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Cheerleading is offered at J. Craig Smith Community Center for students ages 4-12. Cost is $80 per person. Tryouts and a parent meeting will be held on Aug. 20. Sign up today at the rec.
Register now for Soccer – Aug. 2-16, 2019, from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Soccer registration is ongoing at J. Craig Smith Community Center for children ages 3-16. Cost is $60 per player. Tryouts will be held August 22 at 6:00 p.m. at the Comer Complex.
Artist Reception – Thurs., Aug. 22, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- The Comer Museum & Arts Center will host the Shades Valley Camera Club on Thurs., Aug. 22. Their photography is on exhibit this month. Admission is free, and donations are welcomed.
Farmer’s Market – Mondays and Fridays
- Farmer’s Market is held in Childersburg every Monday from noon until 3:00 p.m. in the parking lot of First Baptist Church and in Sylacauga’s Central Park every Friday morning from 7:00 a.m. until noon.
Benefit Breakfast – Sat., Aug. 24, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- A Benefit Breakfast will be held on Aug. 24 at the West Coosa Senior Center located at 47 Coosa County Road 70. Plates are $5 each for a choice of ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, gravies, and more. Dine in or call 256-249-2024 to carry out. Donations appreciated!
Fall Baseball Tryouts – Sat., Aug. 24, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- Children ages 4-14 may register now for fall baseball at J. Craig Smith Community Center. Cost is $35 per player. Tryouts will be held Aug. 24 at 9:00 a.m. at Comer Complex, and games will be played on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings beginning Sept. 12.
Ice Cream Social – Sat., Aug. 24, 2019, from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- The Rainwater Museum in Childersburg will host an Ice Cream Social on Aug. 24, from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. They will have homemade ice cream, hot dogs, popcorn, games and bouncy houses for the kids. Everyone is invited.
Exceptional Friends Story Time – Sat., Aug. 24, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- B.B. Comer Library will present Exceptional Friends Story Time on Aug. 24. This program is appropriate for children age 2-8 and their families. It is specially designed for children with sensory issues and those on the autism spectrum.
Country Gospel Music Concert – Sun., Aug. 25, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.
- Marble City Baptist Church will host a benefit country gospel music concert on Aug. 25 at 5:30 p.m. The concert is presented by the Marble City Baptist Church Band with lead vocalist Troy Jones. Admission is free. A love offering will be received to fund the construction of a Christian orphanage in India.