Balloon Blast Off – Mon., July 22, 2019, at 10:00
- B. B. Comer Memorial Library will host Balloon Technician, Dwayne Reynolds, on July 22 at 10:00 a.m. The program is appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
Fun in Alabama – Tues., July 23, 2019, from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Blue Bell Story Time will feature the program, “Fun in Alabama: Things to See and Do!” on July 23 at B. B. Comer Memorial Library for young children ages 3-6 years old.
Veterans Breakfast – Tues., July 23, 2019, at 7:30 a.m.
- American Legion Post 45 and the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 945 will be hosting their Weekly Veterans Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. at the Legion Hall on Hammett Avenue. All veterans are welcome.
Open Mic Night – Tues., July 23, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill in Childersburg hosts Open Mic Night every Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $3 to park your car, and all proceeds go to Kymulga Grist Mill.
Monthly Veterans Dinner – Tues., July 23, 2019, at 6:30 p.m
- The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 945 will host its Monthly Dinner Meeting from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Legion Hall on Hammett Avenue. All Vietnam Era Veterans are invited to attend and a qualified veteran will be on hand for questions.
The Snake Show – Wed., July 24, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- B. B. Comer Memorial Library will host Yarbrough’s Educational Reptiles (live) on July 24 at 10:00 a.m. with a repeat performance at 1:00 p.m. The program is appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
Groundbreaking Ceremony – Thurs., July 25, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.
- The Industrial Development Board of the City of Sylacauga, the Talladega County Economic Development Authority, and Alabama Power Company invite you to the Groundbreaking for Sylacauga Speculative Building Number 4. The Groundbreaking will begin at 10:00 a.m. at 685 Billingsley Road located in the S.B. Pinkerton Industrial Park and parallel to the Sylacauga Airport. The building will be located just past Sylacauga Speculative Building Number 3, now occupied by Fleetwood Metal.
Celebrate National Ice Cream Month – Fri., July 26, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- You are invited to Blue Bell’s Ice Cream Parlor on Friday in celebration of National Ice Cream Month – receive a FREE scoop of your favorite flavor on July 26!
Farmer’s Market – Mondays and Fridays
- Farmer’s Market is held in Childersburg every Monday from noon until 3:00 p.m. in the parking lot of First Baptist Church and in Sylacauga’s Central Park every Friday morning from 7:00 a.m. until noon.
Free Firearms Course – Sat., July 27, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- Talladega County Sheriff’s Office is offering a FREE Citizens Firearms Course on July 27 at 501 West South Street in Talladega. Fill out an application online through July 25 at talladegasheriff.com or pick one up at the Sheriff’s Office in Sylacauga or Talladega.
Family Game Night – Sat., July 27, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends in Millerville will host Family Game Night on July 27 beginning with hot dogs, pizza, chips, and soft drinks. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Homecoming and Revival – July 28-31, 2019
- Tallasahatchie First Baptist Church will have Homecoming on July 28 at 10:30 a.m. with guest speaker Darryl Wood and singers, The Dennis Family. Revival begins at 6:30 p.m. nightly through July 31. Everyone is invited.
Book Signing – Mon., July 29, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- B.B. Comer Memorial Library will host children’s author, Teresa Conville, on July 29 at 10:00 a.m. She will sign copies of her book, “Traveling Teresa Chronicles – Mystery of the Little Red Suitcase.” Copies of the book will be available for purchase.
Open House at Resources for Women – Thurs., Aug. 8, 2019, from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Resources for Women will hold an Open House on Aug. 8, from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. If you think you might be interested in becoming a volunteer, or you’ve just always wondered what Resources for Women is all about, please go by and meet some of their existing volunteers and tour the center. All services are provided free of charge with private donations.