Central High School Graduation – Tues., May 21, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
- Central High School in Coosa County will hold graduation on May 21, at 7:00 p.m.
Tommy Tuberville at American Values Breakfast – Thurs., May 23, 2019, from 7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Former Auburn University Head Football Coach, Tommy Tuberville, will be the guest speaker at First United Methodist Church on May 23 at the American Values Breakfast. The Cheaha District of the Greater Alabama Council of The Boy Scouts of America will honor Colonel Henry L. “Charlie” Sanders Jr. USAR/Retired, and Dr. F. Jane Cobia with the Heart of an Eagle Award at this year’s breakfast. Tickets are $50 each. Contact Cheaha District Executive Scotty Parker for yours today at 256-252-5556 or email him at [email protected]
Graduation at all Talladega County and Sylacauga High Schools – Thurs., May 23, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga High School and all Talladega County High Schools will hold graduation ceremonies on May 23, at 7:00 p.m.
Benefit Golf Tournament – May 25, 2019, 8:30 a.m. tee time
- The 5th Annual B.B. Comer Alumni Golf Tournament will be held on Saturday, May 25, 2019, at Sylacauga Country Club with an 8:30 a.m. tee time. The format is a 4-man scramble, and lunch will be served. The cost is $100 per player or $400 per team. Hole sponsorships are also available for $100. To register or for more information, contact Randy Caine at 256-347-1035 or Bittie Hawthorne at 256-267-2810.
Kymulga Trade Day – Sat., May 25, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill in Childersburg will host Trade Day on May 25 with many vendors, products, music and food. Admission is $1.00 per person.
Family Game Night – May 25, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends in Millerville will have Family Game Night from 5:00 until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday beginning with hot dogs, pizza, chips, and soft drinks.
Sylacauga Summer Cafe – May 28 – July 18
- FREE meals will be offered Monday through Thursday to children ages 18 and under from May 28 until July 18 at Indian Valley Elementary for breakfast (8:00-8:45 a.m.) and lunch (noon-1:00 p.m.). Free meals will also be provided Monday through Thursday at Nichols-Lawson Middle School from May 28 – June 6 for lunch between 11:30 a.m. and noon. The schools will be closed July 4-5.
Forest Bird Walk – Sat., May 29, 2019, at 8:00 a.m.
- Wildlife Unit Leader Ryan Shurette will lead a Forest Bird Walk on May 29, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. starting at Bull’s Gap Trailhead in Talladega National Forest. For additional information, contact Joanne Ninesling at: [email protected] or 256-786-0541.
Customer Appreciation Hot Dog Lunch – Fri., May 31, 2019, from 10:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Southern States Bank will hold Customer Appreciation Day with a hot dog lunch on May 31, from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Show Choir Camp 2019 – June 3-7, 2019
- Sylacauga Signature presents “Summer Spotlight” Show Choir Camp from June 3-7 at SHS for students in grades 2-12. Camp fee is $50 ($35 per additional family member). Grades 2-5 meet from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., and grades 6-12 meet from 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Sign up today with Dontavius Tidwell at 256-249-0911 or email: [email protected]