“My Easter Story” Musical – Fri., April 19, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Marble City Baptist Church will present “My Easter Story” on April 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. It will include the choir, drama, and the Lord’s Supper. Everyone is invited.
Church Revival – April 17-19, 2019, at 6:30 p.m.
- Mount Vernon Baptist Church on Talladega Highway will host a three-night revival with Rev. George Hayden bringing the nightly message. Pastor Randy Roberson and congregation invites everyone to attend.
Funky Fun Run & 5K – April 20, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- The Autism Society of Alabama will host their Funky Fun Run & 5K at Sylacauga’s Central Park on Saturday. They will also have games and activities for the whole family. Register today at FunkyFunRun.com.
Bibb Graves Trade Day – Sat., April 20, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- BGHS Alumni and Friends Association will host their monthly Trade Day along with a park and sale on Saturday. For sale information contact Bruce Lowery at 205-522-5794.
Easter Egg Hunt and Sunrise Service – April 20 & 21, 2019
- Tallasahatchie FBC is having an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. for children in preschool and up. Children need to bring baskets; the church will have eggs. On Sunday, the Sunrise service begins at 7:00 a.m. followed by breakfast, Bible study at 9:45 a.m., and morning worship at 10:45 a.m.
Community Wide Easter Sunrise Service – Sun., April 21, 2019, at 6:00 a.m.
- The Coosa Valley Ministerial Association will host a Community Wide Easter Sunrise Service at Evergreen Memorial Cemetery on Mausoleum Hill. Everyone is welcome.
“Love Took His Breath Away” – Sun., April 21, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Odena Baptist Church choir and drama team will present “Love Took His Breath Away” on Easter Sunday evening at 6:00 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
U.S. Representative Mike Rogers in Talladega County – Monday, April 22, 2019
- Rogers will speak to Sylacauga Kiwanis/Rotary Clubs at noon at the Sylacauga City Board of Education. Then he will travel to Talladega High school where he will present a Congressional Record Statement of Congratulations to the Talladega High School Basketball Team who are the State 4A basketball champions. The presentation will begin at approximately 1:45 p.m.
Drug Take Back Day – Tues., April 23, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Coosa Valley Medical Center will host “Drug Take Back Day” on Tuesday in the main lobby. Stolen, lost, misused, and old drugs will be accepted. Clean them out. Take them back.
Vidalia Onion Time! – until April 25, 2019
- The Sylacauga Civitan Club is offering delicious vidalia onions for grilling – 10 pounds for $10. Orders will be taken until April 25th with delivery on May 10th. To place your order, contact Brian Dix at 256-404-5858 or Beverly Murphy at 256-404-7754.
Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner – Thurs., April 25, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- The Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner will be held at J. Craig Smith Community Center on April 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Vietnam Veteran Interviews – Friday, April 26, 2019, at Auburn High School
- On Friday, April 26, Auburn High School will host Vietnam veterans for oral history interviews in an effort to honor their service and preserve their story. Those wishing to share stories of their service can reserve an interview for the time best for them with interviews offered throughout the day at 10:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Benefit Yard Sale – Sat., April 27, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. until noon
- Sylacauga Civitan Club is hosting a yard sale on April 27, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. until noon at the corner of Broadway and 1st St. Proceeds will help with local community projects. To donate items, call Beverly Murphy at 256-404-7754.
Third Congressional District Art Competition & Reception – Sat., April 27, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.
- U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers will make presentations at the annual Third Congressional District Art Competition & Reception on April 27th at The Comer Museum & Arts Center.
Family Game Night – Sat., April 27, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends in Millerville will have Family Game Night from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Saturday beginning with hot dogs, pizza, chips, and soft drinks.
Community Movie Night – Friday, May 3, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Support Sylacauga native and Miss Tuscaloosa 2019, Caitlyn McTier; Miss Coosa Valley’s Outstanding Teen, Jayla Duncan; and Rising Star, Little Miss Saniyah Thomas, as they host a Community Movie Night at J. Craig Smith Community Center at 6:00 p.m. The featured movie is “Wonder.” Tickets are $7 each and may be purchased at B.B. Comer Library or by calling 256-872-2778. All proceeds will benefit the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Born to Ride! – Sat., May 18, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Resources for Women will host a motorcycle ride to benefit the Pregnancy Care Center. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and kickstands go up at 10:00 a.m. They will also have music, door prizes, and lunch. Resources for Women is a non-profit organization; all donations are welcomed and tax-deductible.