Trade Day – Sat., Feb. 16, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends will host Trade Day on Saturday. Refreshments will be available.
Countdown to College Workshop – Tues., Feb. 19, 2019, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- CACC in Childersburg will host Potential Magazine’s FREE “Countdown to College” Workshop on Feb. 19. Parents and teens in grades 9-12 are encouraged to attend. For more information email Savanna Pruitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Mic Night – Tues., Feb. 19, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill in Childersburg will host OPEN MIC NIGHT every Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. $3 Admission to park your car and all proceeds go to Kymulga Grist Mill Park.
Nothing Bundt Cakes – Tues., Feb. 19, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes will be available for $5 each in Coosa Valley Medical Center’s Main Lobby to benefit the Coosa Valley Medical Center Foundation.
Childersburg Baseball, T-ball, and Softball Registration – last day has been extended to Tues., Feb. 19, 2019
- Registration is underway at Limbaugh Recreation Center for spring sports. Fees are $60 each for baseball and t-ball, and $50 per player for softball. Tryouts will be held on Feb. 19 at 6:00 p.m.
Comer Library to host Dr. Kathryn Braund – Wed., Feb. 20, 2019, at noon
- B.B. Comer Memorial Library hosts the SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series with guest speaker Dr. Kathryn Braund. The program is titled, “Traveling Through the Creek Nation on the Old Federal Road.” Refreshments will begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
Fletcher Scott Exhibition & Artist’s Reception – Thurs., Feb. 21, 2019, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Fletcher Scott’s Photography titled, “Woods, Water and Wildlife,” is on exhibit this month at the Comer Museum & Arts Center. The Artist’s Reception will be held on Feb. 21, and admission is free.
Cal Ripken Baseball Registration – now through Fri., Feb. 22, 2019
- Sylacauga Parks and Rec. is holding Cal Ripken Baseball registration daily at J. Craig Smith Community Center. Registration fees are $55 for ages 3-4 and $75 for ages 5-12. Fees cover complete uniform, umpires, and supplies.
Free Heart Health Screenings – Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Coosa Valley Medical Center and Alabama Cardiovascular Group will offer FREE Heart Health Screenings on the morning of Feb. 23 in the Main Lobby of CVMC.
Heart & Sole Run 2019 – Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- Coosa Valley Medical Center will host their Heart & Sole Run on Feb. 23 to benefit Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab. Registration is $25 for the 5K and $20 for the Fun Run. Register online at 2019heartandsole5k.eventbrite.com or on the morning of the event at 8:00 a.m.
Ribbon Cutting at Mac’s Beauty Supply in Childersburg – Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, at 11:00 a.m.
- Mac’s Beauty Supply at 107 Coosa Pines Drive has changed their Ribbon-Cutting & Grand Opening to Feb. 23. Mac’s Beauty Supply will introduce a great line of beauty supplies, cosmetic products, and personal care items from owner, Shani Twyman Oden.
Bibb Graves Family Game Night – Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni & Friends will host game night on Feb. 23 beginning with hot dogs, pizza, chips and soft drinks.
Little Mr. & Miss Talladega County Pageants – Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- The Little Mr. & Miss Talladega County Pageants will be held at B.B. Comer Memorial High School. The pageant for children ages 0-4 is at 10:30 a.m. and the pageant for ages 5-12 will start at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $10 per person.