- Kymulga Grist Mill hosts Open Mic. Night every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $3 to park your car and all proceeds benefit Kymulga Grist Mill Park.
Mike Bunn presents “Alabama: From Territory to State” – Wed., Jan. 29, at noon
- Mike Bunn will be the guest speaker Wednesday at the SouthFirst Bank Adult Brown Bag Series held at the B.B. Comer Library. Refreshments begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
Ribbon Cutting & Chamber Connection – Thurs., Jan. 30, at 9:00 a.m.
- Coosa Valley Apothecary will host a Ribbon Cutting and Chamber Connection on Jan. 30 at 9:00 a.m. in the Main Lobby of Coosa Valley Medical Center.
Little League Baseball Registration – Jan. 30, Jan. 31 and Feb. 3, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga Little League Baseball Registration will be held at Spencer Hall from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Jan. 30, Jan. 31 and Feb. 3, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. each night. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
“Ladies First” Conference at First Baptist Church Sylacauga – Jan. 31 and Feb. 1
- First Baptist Church Women’s Ministry presents their “Ladies First” Conference on Friday evening, Jan. 31, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 1, from 9:00 a.m. – noon. Guest speaker is Cathryn Buse, Founder of Defend the Faith Ministry. Tickets are $10 for both sessions and may be purchased in advance at the church or at the door.
Coosa County Republican Party Meet and Greet – Sat., Feb. 1, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Coosa County residents are invited to enjoy a free meal at the Rockford Community Center on Feb. 1, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. While there, meet and talk with local, state, and federal Republican Party candidates to learn who they are, for what they stand, and decide how to vote at the next election.
Revival at Evangel Temple Deliverance Center – Mon., Feb. 3 – Wed., Feb. 5 at 7:00 p.m. nightly
- Bishop Lodis McGregor, Pastor of Evangel Temple Deliverance Center in Vincent will host a revival Feb. 3-5 at 7:00 p.m. nightly. The guest speaker will be Pastor Theoangelo Perkins from Liberty Christian Church in Harpersville.
Spring Soccer at J. Craig Smith Community Center – Now until Feb. 22
- J. Craig Smith Community Center is offering spring soccer this year for children ages 5-14. Registration is $50 per student and includes uniform with top, shorts, and socks.
2020 Arts Council Dinner Theater – Thurs., Feb. 6, at 6:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga Arts Council presents dinner and live music by Top Tier on Thursday, Feb. 6, at 6:00 p.m. at J. Craig Smith Community Center. Tickets are $25 each and may be purchased at B.B. Comer Library, Magnolias, and Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce. Tables of eight may be reserved for $200 when purchasing tickets in advance.
FREE heart Health Screenings – Sat., Feb. 22 from 8:00 a.m. until noon
- Coosa Valley Medical Center and Alabama Cardiovascular Group will offer FREE Heart Health Screenings on Saturday, Feb. 22, in the CVMC Main Lobby from 8:00 a.m. until noon.
Heart & Sole Run 2020 – Sat., Feb. 22, at 9:00 a.m.
- Coosa Valley Medical Center Foundation will host Heart & Sole Run 2020 on Feb. 22 to benefit Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab. Cost is $25. Register online here or call 256-401-4070. Final registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the run to start at 9:00 a.m.
Sylacauga Kiwanis Pancake Day – Sat., Mar. 7, from 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga Kiwanis Pancake Day will be held in the SHS Lunchroom on March 7 from 6:00 a.m. until noon. Tickets are $5 each. Contact Marty Garrett for more information at 256-208-4016.
Pre-K Pre-Registration – Now until March 17
- Indian Valley Elementary First Class Pre-K is accepting online pre-registration now through March 17 for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrollment is open to all children four years-old on or before 9/1/20 who are residents of Alabama and live in Sylacauga City School district. No registration fee is required. Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com/.